• 260(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
This Apple TV 4K Firecore thread might be of interest to ALL - 3D ISO and MVC users....

Solution for Framepacked 3D for some folks and it works great! (click)

(2018-04-26, 12:05)wrxtasy Wrote: This Apple TV 4K Firecore thread might be of interest to ALL - 3D ISO and MVC users....

Thanks!

I guess is time for people to start looking into Apple TV 4K
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2018-04-26, 15:14)movie78 Wrote:
(2018-04-26, 12:05)wrxtasy Wrote: This Apple TV 4K Firecore thread might be of interest to ALL - 3D ISO and MVC users....

Thanks!

I guess is time for people to start looking into Apple TV 4K
even if you convert these for firecore it's a miss since you then miss out on all the object based audio that go nicely with 3d. I will stick to zidoo for x9s for the time being or my haswell nuc running kodi 17. Love apple TV 4k But it needs to bitstream before this would even be worth the time.
KODI1: Shield 2019 2D and 4K HDR / Zidoo Z9X 3DMVC /ATV4K 2D/ and 4K HDR/ DV AVR1: YAM RXA3080 DISP1: LG OLED77G6P /3D/HDR/DV
KODI2: Shield 2015 2D and 4K HDR / Zidoo X9S 3DMVC /ATV4K 2D and 4K/ HDR/ DV AVR2: Marantz NR1607 DISP2: LG OLED55C6P /3D/HDR/DV
KODI3: Shield 2015 2D and 4K HDR / Zidoo X9S 3DMVC /ATV4K 2D and 4K/ HDR/ DV AVR3: Denon AVR-X3300 DISP3: LG OLED65G6P /3D/HDR/DV
It's a solution, but re-encoding isn't fun, especially to adapt to a single device. Zidoo X9S remains my box of choice for 3D MVC & 4K HDR, also as it supports auto resolution/refresh/colorspace switching.
I really don't see any reason to rip the 3D movie to 4K SBS. If the display is 4K, the normal H-SBS rip would be upscaled by the display to 4K (assuming the TV does a better upscaling job than DVDFab). A better way would be to rip it to full SBS. I am not sure how full SBS/TAB is handled by the ATV 4K.
I have read here that some suggested that "Intel has stopped supporting MVC in their newer IGPs". How confident is this information? Or is it just because of the "crappy" DP->HDMI 2.0 converter chip used in their later NUCs and some motherboards and actually has nothing to do with any changes in the newer IGPs features?

I'm just curious if it would be worth to wait for the Cannon Lake/Ice Lake IGPs and NUCs. Huh (As it seems and hopefully they will finally come with native HDMI2.0a implemented).

Any clue?
(2018-04-27, 02:21)wesk05 Wrote: I really don't see any reason to rip the 3D movie to 4K SBS. If the display is 4K, the normal H-SBS rip would be upscaled by the display to 4K (assuming the TV does a better upscaling job than DVDFab). A better way would be to rip it to full SBS. I am not sure how full SBS/TAB is handled by the ATV 4K.
 Full SBS would mean a 3860×1080p picture, right? (Horizontally doubled FHD)? Guess this just would need to be handled properly by the 3D TV. Cause i bet it's not the same as with regular H-SBS. Or is?
hi, anybody tested http://zappiti.com/zappiti-player-hd.html

i need to connect my epson tw6100 projector and play 3d movies frame packed format. (from 3d-bd iso)

thank you
@cajrix

What does that have to do with Kodi?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
For anyone wondering about using an Asrock N3700-itx with Windows 10 and the mvc version of Kodi, it doesn't work (at least for me). After I set everything up and it wasn't working, I found the link (in OP) for the spreadsheet of recommended players and saw it marked as not working. I was curious if anyone knows why it doesn't work? I ask because when flipping the settings in Kodi, my projector goes into frame packed mode and the menus in kodi become 3d, but the 3d mvc movie plays back in 2d within the kodi 3d interface. To me, being a newbee, I would think this means the hardware is capable of frame packed 3d, since the projector goes to that mode and displays kodi menus in 3d?
Also, does anyone know if an Asrock Q2900-itx (j2900cpu) would happen to work with kodi mvc? My concern is there is no hdmi out, only a display port and dvi. Which means an adapter would have to be used. I read somewhere, the adapter is why the new NUCs don't work. I own the Asrock board and was going to set it up/test this weekend, but figured if someone already knew, I wouldn't waste my time.
is this still thr best software or can plex playback everything kodi can 3d iso mvc dts hd 7.1 etc?
NUC5I5RYH
yamaha RX-V777
BenQ w1070
samsung ue55nu7100

I tried out my Asrock Q2900-itx board with the MVC branch of Kodi and it seemed to work good with 3D mvc files. I only tried Kong Skull Island for the first 5 minutes, but it worked fine. I just used a DVI to HDMI cable with it. A guy on ebay had listed a Dell 3050 micro for $106 shipped, I ordered it, but then supposedly he screwed it up resetting the OS. So not wanting to spend $150 on the next cheapest 3050 micro, I decided to take a chance on a Dell 3646. I got that for $65 shipped, with the J2900 quad core CPU and 4GB of ram, 500GB HDD and power cord. The J2900 cpu seems to basically be a 4 core version of the J1800 (like in the 3050 micro). According to passmark, it scores about double the J1800. The J2900 seems snappy enough for general PC use as well, just not for Plex transcoding. The Dell 3646/J2900 seems to work fine for 3d MVC, again first 5 minutes of Kong Skull Island. I haven't checked out HD audio passthrough yet. So far I'm happy with the $90 I saved. Even though the 3646 is a pretty small desktop PC, it is still MUCH larger than the 3050 micro. Maybe a deal killer for people with limited space (or too much money Smile . I'll try to post more info when I have more time to test things more thoroughly.
I'm no plex guru, but I didn't think plex supported 3d unless it was side by side or top and bottom. In other words, plex supports 3d, but only in 2d format, which means you'll have to manually switch your tv/projector to the right 3d mode when playing 3d content. Last I checked, Plex does not support MVC and it does NOT support ISO files either. I don't really think there is any other format for Frame-packed/native Bluray 3d.
(2018-05-25, 22:42)paylesspizzaman Wrote: I'm no plex guru, but I didn't think plex supported 3d unless it was side by side or top and bottom. In other words, plex supports 3d, but only in 2d format, which means you'll have to manually switch your tv/projector to the right 3d mode when playing 3d content. Last I checked, Plex does not support MVC and it does NOT support ISO files either. I don't really think there is any other format for Frame-packed/native Bluray 3d.
 MKV is quite widely used for MVC.
  • 260(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17