• 261(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2018-04-26, 12:05)wrxtasy Wrote: This Apple TV 4K Firecore thread might be of interest to ALL - 3D ISO and MVC users....

Solution for Framepacked 3D for some folks and it works great! (click)
 I've often wondered if you could just create a 3840x2160/24p 2D signal with alternate lines sourced from alternate 3840x1080p (scaled from 1920x1080p) Left and Right eye feeds.  For a Passive 3D UHD TV this should 'just work'.  The problem is that encoding a 3840x2160p signal where you have to ensure no leakage between alternate lines is pushing an H264/H265 encoder quite hard, and you'll need high bitrates to avoid artefacts that split across eye feeds?

Effectively you are interleaving lines from each eye feed alternately?

if you can create a Full resolution SBS or TAB source that is then converted on playback to the interleaved format by a GPU process that would be a LOT better than encoding the interleaved format.
I thought MVC in itself meant the file was likely an MKV. Are there other container types that use MVC?
In my experience the most commonly used format for MVC streams outside of a 3D BluRay itself is an ISO of that BluRay. MVC Support for MKV files is a much more recent development.
I'm going to ask this here because it pertains to the MVC build of Kodi. I am trying to set up a second screen in my lounge that would duplicate what is on the main projector in my theater. My receiver has 2 HDMI outs but I can't simply and easily use it to send the same input to both displays because the receiver would downgrade any video signal to the lowest screen resolution. My projectors is 1080p active 3D and the LCD TV is an older 27" 720p. So I'm hoping I might be able to use multiple display outputs from my HTPC into the receiver. I have tried HDMI for the projo and a displayport to HDMI adapter to go to the LCD but that caused my HTPC to use the Display port as the default monitor and killed the audio into the receiver. I didn't get to trying 3D playback but I do believe it downgraded the video to the projo.

Has anyone else tired anything like this?
For 3D, I'm currently using a Raspberry Pi 3B+ running LibreELEC.

Would I notice an improvement in image quality if I switched to a Zidoo X9S?
Nope, same quality. You only get added benefit of immersive audio with ATMOS and DTS:X bitstreaming. And reduced benefit of an external player vs. everything inside Kodi with RPi.
My knowledge pertains mostly to Windows. Last I knew, in order to "duplicate" screens in Windows, both screens had to be set to the same resolution. Any chance the 720p screen can accept a 1080p signal? Which video output gets the audio can be set in "Sound" within windows. Set whichever output you want to use to "default". In Windows, you can "extend" displays with different resolutions, but I don't think that will help you, since you won't be able to get the same image on both screens. As far as Kodi, without changing settings, I believe it uses it uses whichever display is set to "primary" in Windows, and whichever audio device is set to "default" in Windows. You could buy a stand alone HDMI splitter/matrix, but again, the output resolution from each port will be the same. If you do get a splitter/matrix, I would recommend one with EDID control. Unless your 720p display accepts 1080p, I think you're probably out of luck. Playing back 3d content will only add more problems. I was going to try to use one PC as a workstation (with a 1080p monitor) and also for Kodi MVC (with a 1080p 3d projector). I was going to use a stand alone splitter. The more I thought about it, the more problems came to mind. I ended up buying a cheap dedicated PC for Kodi MVC and continued to use my workstation for only a workstation. PCs for Kodi can be bought cheap and if you don't need 3d, Fire TV Sticks can be bought cheaper. Let me know what you figure out.
(2018-06-06, 08:01)paylesspizzaman Wrote: My knowledge pertains mostly to Windows. Last I knew, in order to "duplicate" screens in Windows, both screens had to be set to the same resolution. Any chance the 720p screen can accept a 1080p signal? Which video output gets the audio can be set in "Sound" within windows. Set whichever output you want to use to "default". In Windows, you can "extend" displays with different resolutions, but I don't think that will help you, since you won't be able to get the same image on both screens. As far as Kodi, without changing settings, I believe it uses it uses whichever display is set to "primary" in Windows, and whichever audio device is set to "default" in Windows. You could buy a stand alone HDMI splitter/matrix, but again, the output resolution from each port will be the same. If you do get a splitter/matrix, I would recommend one with EDID control. Unless your 720p display accepts 1080p, I think you're probably out of luck. Playing back 3d content will only add more problems. I was going to try to use one PC as a workstation (with a 1080p monitor) and also for Kodi MVC (with a 1080p 3d projector). I was going to use a stand alone splitter. The more I thought about it, the more problems came to mind. I ended up buying a cheap dedicated PC for Kodi MVC and continued to use my workstation for only a workstation. PCs for Kodi can be bought cheap and if you don't need 3d, Fire TV Sticks can be bought cheaper. Let me know what you figure out.
 Thanks for the info but it sounds like what I was fearing. I think we may need to use a signal splitter or something. Possibly feed dual output from the main receiver with one going to the second bi-amping one and use that receiver to downgrade the video signal to send it to the smaller TV. Something that seems rather simple sure is overly complicated.
Windows is trying to force it's new 183 update. Does anyone know if this will still break MVC 3D playback like the previous update did?
(2018-06-06, 08:01)paylesspizzaman Wrote: My knowledge pertains mostly to Windows. Last I knew, in order to "duplicate" screens in Windows, both screens had to be set to the same resolution. Any chance the 720p screen can accept a 1080p signal? Which video output gets the audio can be set in "Sound" within windows. Set whichever output you want to use to "default". In Windows, you can "extend" displays with different resolutions, but I don't think that will help you, since you won't be able to get the same image on both screens. As far as Kodi, without changing settings, I believe it uses it uses whichever display is set to "primary" in Windows, and whichever audio device is set to "default" in Windows. You could buy a stand alone HDMI splitter/matrix, but again, the output resolution from each port will be the same. If you do get a splitter/matrix, I would recommend one with EDID control. Unless your 720p display accepts 1080p, I think you're probably out of luck. Playing back 3d content will only add more problems. I was going to try to use one PC as a workstation (with a 1080p monitor) and also for Kodi MVC (with a 1080p 3d projector). I was going to use a stand alone splitter. The more I thought about it, the more problems came to mind. I ended up buying a cheap dedicated PC for Kodi MVC and continued to use my workstation for only a workstation. PCs for Kodi can be bought cheap and if you don't need 3d, Fire TV Sticks can be bought cheaper. Let me know what you figure out.
As far as I can remember back, I've used my PC with Win7 for my old CRT monitor (definitely something under 720p) and for my FHD TV simultaneously. Of course on different VGA outputs for each. Can't remember how exactly, but I guess it can be configured somehow.  I also don't remember for sure if I ever had the desktop working on both display at the same time, but I'm sure I had a picture (with the wallpaper at least) on the CRT, while I was operating in the desktop on the TV. The rest could be just the question of the proper configuration.
The latest Windows update doesn’t break MVC as I mis-remembered but the auto refresh rate change. It fails to allow Kodi to go back to the default resolution. Thanks, Microsoft.
hi, so i got rpi 3 with libreelec installed. what i have to do to play blueray 3d iso in 3d mvc format?, i can open it but it offers 3 track, one should be for 2d and other 2 for 3d. but how to switch it for 3d frame packed playing?
Been a while since I've used a RPi, but recall needing to enable full stereoscopic 3D mode in settings. For playback, choose the main playlist in your ISO.
hm still not luck, hsbs no problem, but i cannot run 3d mvc, i tried to download this demo file https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwxFVkl...d3Tmc/view
it offers only one stream when opening, but still no luck, it plays as 2d. Connected to epson tw-6100 projector with 3d hdmi cable.

can you send me a link for some demo which is 100% working?
or have i to try different cable? (the one i am using is from Hama, 10m, marked high speed with ethernet, it should be 1.4)

24.6. Simply rpi is not sending 3d fp signal to projector.
It might very well due to the Kodi build you are running.

At some point 3D support was gone, dont know if that is already fixed

Hopefully somebody can confirm the latest build with proper 3D support.
  • 261(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17