•   
  • 265(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
Hi @hdmkv and all the others!
It would be a great help to me if you have some experience to my following questions! Smile

1. Is a 3D-iso movie always real 3D (frame packed), or can an 3D-iso also be a SBS or HOU?
2. Same question as 1. but for mk3d

I have a RPI3B with the latest LibreELEC (official, not milhouse build) which plays 3D-isos to my projector just fine. As soon as I start the movie the projector automatically switches to 3D mode and the picture is 3D as expected. However if I take the projector-remote and switch off the 3D function it shows me a splitted HOU view. Also if I check the 3D modes with the projector-remote I can switch between AUTO, SBS, HOU but framed-packing and frame-sequential are both greyed out and I can’t choose them!
This brings me to my question if it is possible that I have still HOU 3D-isos?
In that case I would have the wrong ISOs, because I want to experience frame-packed 3D on it.

Thank you very much in advance! Smile
I suspect your 3D ISOs contain the full-hd frame packed MVC 3D stream, but neither the raspberry pi nor any normal libreelec build can display true full-hd mvc therefore it's probably downscaled into an SBS stream for sending it out via HDMI.
(2019-05-05, 13:40)Immersive3d Wrote: 1. Is a 3D-iso movie always real 3D (frame packed), or can an 3D-iso also be a SBS or HOU?

3D-iso contains 2 video streams. the first is monoscopic video stream (for backward compatibility with old BD players) and the second one is a special stream with coded difference between base and another view. "frame packed" it's a HDMI output mode. 

(2019-05-05, 13:40)Immersive3d Wrote: 2. Same question as 1. but for mk3d
mkv (or mk3d) it's just a container. it can contain the same two streams as 3DBD or 1 vide stream combined from 2 streams (base + difference) or re-encoded to TAB or SBS video.

(2019-05-05, 13:40)Immersive3d Wrote: However if I take the projector-remote and switch off the 3D function it shows me a splitted HOU view.
It's because RPi video driver uses HOU (with 45 line space) output mode (see HDMI spec). there are a lot of possible ways to transmit stereoscopic video through HDMI and one of them called frame packed.
Thank you very much for your responses which have clarified a lot of things to me!
Furthermore with some research I found out now that I have to enable in kodi „full hd hdmi modes for stereoscopic 3D“
and „adjust display rate set to: „always““

Now I can choose between framepacked 1080 24hz and 1920x2205 HOU! Works like a charm now Smile thanks again!
I've setup my PC to work with my 3D TV. I can play tomb raider with amazing 3D quality. However, I downloaded a 3D ISO movies and added it to Kodi. The software views my 3D ISO file as a 2D Full HD movie. Does anyone have a solution. Tried adding the movies to Kodi on my Android Box, it still views the movie as a 2D movie. Just a few days ago, with the same file, Kodi views it as 3D on the android boxHuh?
  •   
  • 265(current)

Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 4.31 Average

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio4.3116