• 69(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
Lets edit this a bit, and cross out the stuff that does not work on the HiMedia H8 according to the posts in the previous link:

Quote:1. General bug fixes and stability improvements ?
2. Custom Kodi 15.2rc1.
3. Full HD-Audio native support in Android Media Centre (DTS / Dolby Digital / DTS-HD MA / Dolby TrueHD).
4. Full HD-Audio native support in custom Kodi (DTS / Dolby Digital / DTS-HD MA / Dolby TrueHD).
5. 4K native support in custom Kodi. ?
6. H.265 native support in custom Kodi. ?
6. Wider video format support. ?
7. Updated Youtube (adaptive HD), Netflix, Skype and other apps. - >> No 1080p HD Streaming Android Apps.
8. 3D-ISO support in Kodi.
9. 23.976fps video outut
10. Dynamic Refresh rate Switching in Kodi
11. Kodi Addons. additional Skins, PVR's

Yep, seems like a disappointing update.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Wow, so almost nothing works... Better bring out nothing then
(2015-10-16, 19:15)movie78 Wrote:
(2015-10-16, 18:27)hdmkv Wrote: I believe HiMedia needs to share now as well per GPL rules; will relay message to them.

They Should or else they will share the same fate as VidOn.

The Wall of ShameSad
Totally agree, I think this should be taken into account for scores on the chart on Page One.

Companies like this give nothing back to the Kodi community, and should be chastised at every available opportunity if they don't get with the GPL rules program.

Given that GPL violations are the very antithesis of kodi, violators shouldn't even be given space on the chart.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
As an example of the great benefits of Open Source software and support from a company like AMLogic....

I bought an AMLogic S805 ODROID C1, back near the start of the year from HardKernel. Then after a few teething issues that were fixed, I read that MINIX and AMLogic had done work last year on Frame Rate Automation patches available for the Linux Kernel that gave 23.976/59.94Hz video output.
The HardKernel devs were alerted, who then contacted AMLogic and I was testing a new Kernel that had 23.976/59.94Hz video output support within 2 days.

Similarily, if you spend some time on GitHub you see all sorts of cross pollination and sharing from the likes of the Kodi devs, OpenELEC guys, WeTek devs and the RPi foundation crew. This goes to the core of timely Firmware updates and stability you get on these platforms.

Even though the new entrant on the chart Zidoo have buggy Firmware at the moment they need to be applauded for giving back to the community.

Now that this thread has been made a sticky, I think the time has come that we place more importance on GPL compliance so the whole Kodi community can benefit as a result.

HiMedia should be given a time frame by hdmv to get their GPL issues in order or be slapped with a Big Red Non Compliance Sticker on the chart.
If HiMedia are not willing to share and contribute, then the Kodi community should not be so willing to recommend their Hardware.

I'm not affiliated with HiMedia, but message about GPL was only relayed yesterday as their new firmware with custom Kodi only just came out. And, for now, it doesn't work anyway. Agree though that GPL is GPL, so they need comply (I noted it here first to begin with). I'd say give them a couple of weeks.
My HT
(2015-10-17, 15:39)hdmkv Wrote: I'm not affiliated with HiMedia, but message about GPL was only relayed yesterday as their new firmware with custom Kodi only just came out. And, for now, it doesn't work anyway. Agree though that GPL is GPL, so they need comply (I noted it here first to begin with). I'd say give them a couple of weeks.

We did not give Zidoo a couple of weeks,
Himedia H8 was release in August and Zidoo X6 just got release.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
HiMedia only just switched to custom Kodi... whatever man, I've relayed them the message about GPL. If I get a reply they're working on it within a week, good; if not, I'll remove them H8 from chart. Will also remove VidOn from next update.
My HT
I may give up on RPi2 for a while Sad ... display blanking out issues with both my PJ's are super frustrating. Will rely on HiMedia Q5, even with its own issues (random audio dropouts and microstutters), but seems lesser of the problem children. HiMedia H8 and Zidoo X6 don't do 3D properly via Kodi, so rule those out for now. Pretty lousy landscape still for 3D players with Kodi. Wishing I didn't get rid of my Mede8er 600X3D, even though it didn't do Kodi, it did perfect playback, 23.976, etc.
My HT
(2015-10-17, 16:58)hdmkv Wrote: HiMedia only just switched to custom Kodi... whatever man, I've relayed them the message about GPL. If I get a reply they're working on it within a week, good; if not, I'll remove them H8 from chart. Will also remove VidOn from next update.

+1

Don't forget the open hour gecko if they don't release the source code soon.
Its about time to teach some manufacturers if they don't play by the Rules.. their products will be in the wall of shame

@hdmkv
Can you make a chart for the wall of shame ?
Anthem MRX310 | XTZ 93.23 DIY 5.1 (Seas Jantzen Mundorf) | DXD808 | Oppo 103D | LG OLED 55EC930V | Nvidia Shield | ATV3

Just ordered a Mede8er 600X3D just for 3D; will stick to Chromebox for 2D. Will keep Pi2, Q5, X6 and soon H8 (hoping to get review unit) all for testing purposes.
My HT
(2015-10-17, 16:58)hdmkv Wrote: HiMedia only just switched to custom Kodi... whatever man, I've relayed them the message about GPL. If I get a reply they're working on it within a week, good; if not, I'll remove them H8 from chart. Will also remove VidOn from next update.
You are implying that they only know about gpl because of your message, instead of reading the licence of software they have copied, changed and sold to the public. If so, they still deserve contempt.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Maybe they don't read about software rules in the land of knock-offs, unlicensed DTS/DD, pirated stuff aplenty, etc. Let's wait a bit and see what they do; at least they can't claim they didn't know now.
My HT
Update on my RPi2 issues... my Onkyo NR636 at fault. Don't know why, so I'd be curious if anyone else has issue with this AVR & BenQ W1070 or Epson 5025UB.
My HT
  • 69(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17