• 3(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
A raspberry pi does 3d ISO with kodi player?
Really?
Hard to believe that.
How can that be? Kodi doesnt do 3d iso (mvc)
(2015-03-18, 12:47)Skank Wrote: A raspberry pi does 3d ISO with kodi player?
Really?
Hard to believe that.
How can that be? Kodi doesnt do 3d iso (mvc)

3D is only supported for MKV ,it's ffmpeg doesn't support extracting the second eye view from BluRay ISOs
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
Skank, this is a really new development (this week). Re: ISO support, Kodi devs are working on it. I think we'll see it supported before too long. Only caveats (other than no ISO yet) with RPi are: No DTS-MA (only core), TrueHD only as decoded LPCM, and must pay license fees if you need MPEG2 (£2.40) and/or VC-1 (£1.20) support. It isn't much, but is per device.

Oh yes, reason RPi can decode MVC is because it's being done as a hardware (vs. software) decode. There appears possibility other devices with necessary hardware may also be able to do this later.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
Kodi devs are working on mvc? But its ffmpeg based. i dont understand

Rpi not doing hd audio is a no go for me

so which hardware would be able to do hardware decode in future?
I may not be explaining it well; see here.
My Family Room Theater
(2015-03-18, 13:54)Skank Wrote: Kodi devs are working on mvc? But its ffmpeg based. i dont understand

Rpi not doing hd audio is a no go for me

so which hardware would be able to do hardware decode in future?

AIUI the Pi / Pi 2 version of Kodi is now able to use the internal Kodi player implemented on the PI to playback MKVs with MVC conten, and output this at full frame-packed 3D resolution, by shifting the MVC decode to the hardware decoder that the Pi / Pi 2 GPU/VPU contains. ISO support isn't there yet, presumably because ffmpeg's demux for MPEG2 transport streams - which is the wrapper that Blu-ray ISO and Folder content is wrapped in - doesn't bother with MVC streams as they aren't currently supported for decode, but there is MKV demux support?

Other 3D capable hardware (Intel/nVidia/AMD under Windows, Android players etc.) use external players to implement 3D MVC decode AIUI?

Pi 2 will do Dolby True HD decoded losslessly to PCM (though not 5.1 at 192kHz) in a manner pretty much the same as your amp would.

If you are offline converting ISO to MKV you could also offline convert DTS-HD to FLAC or PCM at the same time if you have the right (not open source) software.
(2015-03-18, 14:14)noggin Wrote: ISO support isn't there yet, presumably because ffmpeg's demux for MPEG2 transport streams - which is the wrapper that Blu-ray ISO and Folder content is wrapped in - doesn't bother with MVC streams as they aren't currently supported for decode, but there is MKV demux support?

ffmpeg doesn't support MVC, either as a decoder, or a demuxer.

makemkv already understands MVC, and muxes the two eye's data into a single stream. ffmpeg can demux this just fine (it just looks like a single H.264 stream if you don't try to decode it). ffmpeg obviously can't software decode the file, but it provides enough information for a hardware decoder to handle the stream.

MVC in mp4 had a minor issue where ffmpeg doesn't handle the mvcC atom which is needed for getting the second eye's codec specific header bytes. We have a fix for that, but othwise both eye's data comes through.

In a BluRay ISO (or folder structure) there are two separate m2ts files, one for the left eye, and an additional one for the right eye (which also depends on the first eye).
ffmpeg (well actually libbluray) reads the first file, but not the second, so a hardware decoder can't currently decode the 3D stream.

We need some additional logic to open both files, and mux them together into a single stream. I hope we'll have a patch for this in the next week or two.
(2015-03-18, 14:35)popcornmix Wrote: In a BluRay ISO (or folder structure) there are two separate m2ts files, one for the left eye, and an additional one for the right eye (which also depends on the first eye).
ffmpeg (well actually libbluray) reads the first file, but not the second, so a hardware decoder can't currently decode the 3D stream.

There's some clever UDF-ery going on as well isn't there - so that the H264 stream (used also for 2D) appears twice on the disk - though both appearances point to the same data? One is a standard H264 2D Blu-ray stream, with the second file pointing to both the 2D AVC and the additional MVC stream - or am I totally out of whack?
(2015-03-18, 14:35)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-03-18, 14:14)noggin Wrote: ISO support isn't there yet, presumably because ffmpeg's demux for MPEG2 transport streams - which is the wrapper that Blu-ray ISO and Folder content is wrapped in - doesn't bother with MVC streams as they aren't currently supported for decode, but there is MKV demux support?

ffmpeg doesn't support MVC, either as a decoder, or a demuxer.

makemkv already understands MVC, and muxes the two eye's data into a single stream. ffmpeg can demux this just fine (it just looks like a single H.264 stream if you don't try to decode it). ffmpeg obviously can't software decode the file, but it provides enough information for a hardware decoder to handle the stream.

MVC in mp4 had a minor issue where ffmpeg doesn't handle the mvcC atom which is needed for getting the second eye's codec specific header bytes. We have a fix for that, but othwise both eye's data comes through.

In a BluRay ISO (or folder structure) there are two separate m2ts files, one for the left eye, and an additional one for the right eye (which also depends on the first eye).

We need some additional logic to open both files, and mux them together into a single stream. I hope we'll have a patch for this in the next week or two.

You guys are doing a great job..

Once you get 3D ISO working and can get HD Audio working
Have taught about coming out with your own hardware like the CuBoxTV ?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2015-03-18, 14:49)noggin Wrote: There's some clever UDF-ery going on as well isn't there - so that the H264 stream (used also for 2D) appears twice on the disk - though both appearances point to the same data? One is a standard H264 2D Blu-ray stream, with the second file pointing to both the 2D AVC and the additional MVC stream - or am I totally out of whack?

I don't believe that is the case. For an MVC ISO/folder you see:
Code:
$ ls -l ~/mnt2/BDMV/STREAM/
total 24109856
-r--r--r-- 1 nobody nogroup 18870153216 Jan 11 23:26 00000.m2ts
-r--r--r-- 1 nobody nogroup  5818337280 Jan 11 23:29 00001.m2ts
dr-xr-xr-x 2 nobody nogroup          92 Jan 11 23:30 SSIF
00000.m2ts is a perfectly standard 2D H.264 file, that can be played by any H.264 compliant player.
It is also used as the left eye with MVC video. The smaller 00001.m2ts file contains the right eye data.
It can't be played in isolation as it depends of the frames from 00000.m2ts (which is why it is smaller - left and right eye views are usually very similar).

No magic that I'm aware of. If you want 2D H.264 you read 00000.m2ts.
If you want 3D MVC you merge (e.g. by comparing decode timestamps) 00000.m2ts and 00001.m2ts, and decode that.
This is interesting stuff; quite educational. Still seems it's magic as most of weren't holding out for full 3D support sans Android or Windows until this week.
My Family Room Theater
Dont be too excited cause it might turn into disappointing stuff
(2015-03-18, 14:59)popcornmix Wrote: If you want 3D MVC you merge (e.g. by comparing decode timestamps) 00000.m2ts and 00001.m2ts, and decode that.

so it's only support like: FULL HD SBS or FULL HD TAB, great work however
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
(2015-03-18, 16:27)looun Wrote: so it's only support like: FULL HD SBS or FULL HD TAB, great work however

I don't really understand the question. The video is decoded and displayed as FULL HD (i.e. 1920x1080 pixels for each eye).
There is no concept of SBS or TAB in MVC - you get separate frames for each eye.
(2015-03-18, 16:40)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-03-18, 16:27)looun Wrote: so it's only support like: FULL HD SBS or FULL HD TAB, great work however

I don't really understand the question. The video is decoded and displayed as FULL HD (i.e. 1920x1080 pixels for each eye).
There is no concept of SBS or TAB in MVC - you get separate frames for each eye.

i am not explain well,i am talking about file conversion can play raspi , source MVC out MKV( MVA ) with FULL HD SBS(or the right name) , 1 frame double information/resolution.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17