Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
I like this chart. A quick reference guide is important seeing as how quickly this market has grown. If it is ok I will link to this thread in my stickied thread.

Two pieces of feedback:

I would specify if these features are something you can get from normal Kodi, or if you need an external player or some special forked version of Kodi. Just looking at this chart some people might be convinced a certain box is the perfect Kodi appliance, only to get locked in with an external player that won't ever be updated by the developer once the next generation of devices hit. You specify this for 3D playback, but to me if an external player is the only way a device can do proper 24p or bitstream HD audio it deserves an asterisk.

Also I would have the Pi 2 as a solid A and not A-. I don't have one, but it is clearly the most supported Kodi box at that size/price right now, and the only one that gives every single benefit it can give with the main branch of Kodi. That means it will be supported the longest almost as a guarantee. This long-term future plus the fact that it is the only ARM box that has played my worst VC1 test clip makes it a clear A in my eyes.

Heck the only real knock on the Pi 2 it is can't properly handle DTS HD audio, but only like 1% of people have the $3000 speakers you need to tell the difference between DTS HD and that massive core DTS track. The real gap is between Dolby True HD audio and plain AC3, and it can decode Dolby True HD. The Pi 2 is the A device right now, maybe even A+.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Player Choices with Kodi + 3D ISO + HD Audio - by poofyhairguy - 2015-03-19, 22:57
Himedia Q5 Pro - by wild nine - 2016-07-16, 01:15
Kodi coming to Xbox One - by woodpost - 2017-02-09, 01:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17