Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
When I play the TrueHD & DTS-MA sound check clips via Pi2, all 8 channels are mapped correctly. So, not sure what you mean by "virtual back surround"... I'm getting the discreet 8 channels as intended. I do lose height channels for ATMOS, but that's expected.

Re: grades and Pi2 in particular, panckage, not intending to "mislead" anyone, rather the opposite. Maybe just say "recommended" for Pi2 and Q5, and leave out the grades? Although I can see that being controversial as well Wink.

(2015-09-22, 04:57)artou Wrote: Unfortunately VidOn box doesn't work as it was advertised, many issues with 3D ISO. For the price it would be an OK box, but GPL violation when charging annual subscription for "enhanced" features is really terrible
+1. VidOn was good for the first player to support full 3D & HD audio via Kodi. Besides the GPL issue, 23.976 was never properly supported (microstutters noticeable), slow box, silly membership for HD audio, AVR compatibility issues never addressed, and there's little to no activity anymore. End of life I'm afraid, and there are better options now. Also, who can forget Wolly joining the forum under 3-4 separate identities to (not so subtly) promote VidOn Smile.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT

Messages In This Thread
RE: Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - by hdmkv - 2015-09-22, 13:20
Himedia Q5 Pro - by wild nine - 2016-07-16, 01:15
Kodi coming to Xbox One - by woodpost - 2017-02-09, 01:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17