Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2015-09-25, 12:06)nickr Wrote: You are way OT now.
I don't really see how it's off topic. We're discussing the capabilities of Kodi with regards to Blu-Ray playback and menus which goes hand in hand with ISO playback. People who rip to ISO probably wanted menus, or they would have gone mkv or another container. After all, if you don't understand the underlying capabilities of Kodi, how can you have a discussion of which players support what when running Kodi?

(2015-09-25, 12:44)RockerC Wrote: The answer is that upstream features libbluray: the library integrates navigation, playlist parsing, menus and BD-J, Mainstream Kodi master doesn't however use the BD-J part yet, but Kodi does use all the other features of libbluray to playback Blu-ray discs and files.

And that linked thread also explains that, and it also explains that each version of libbluray of course brings with it bug-fixes/stability to help read and playback Blu-ray Disc files, and that is the "other functionality to Kodi even with bdj deactivated". For more info of what the libbluray library actually does read upstream dokumentation here:

http://www.videolan.org/developers/libbluray.html

And changelog for the libbluray versions are summerized here:

http://git.videolan.org/?p=libbluray.git...=ChangeLog
Yes, and I read that a few days ago. Just because Libbluray is capable of something doesn't mean the feature is implemented in or being used by Kodi. Hence the question.

Quote:Did not post that answer here as it is way off-topic for this thread, and the thread linked has this answer, so me linking it to you again is not to say you are an idiot, it was to help you find and read the answer yourself, but now you do apper to be too lazy to simply follow that link to read and find the answer yourself instead of having it spoonfeed to you.
You link me to a 201 post, now locked, thread where I can't ask any questions. I skimmed the thread. I only saw discussions of Menu support (which discs work, problems encountered, etc) and how to build a version of Kodi with it / test it. I've since gone back and read the thread more closely and still don't see where this information is posted. I'd ask you for the post number, but I'm sure I'd just get chastised for being further OT and expecting spoon feeding.

Now back to your regularly scheduled discussion of Chinese Android boxes and how they're GPL violating (or not), using external players, don't support drop frame refresh rates, can't bitstream, or whatever else may come.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - by Stereodude - 2015-09-25, 14:27
Himedia Q5 Pro - by wild nine - 2016-07-16, 01:15
Kodi coming to Xbox One - by woodpost - 2017-02-09, 01:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17