• 67(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2015-10-11, 21:08)hdmkv Wrote:
(2015-10-11, 19:33)Mylo75 Wrote: Yea the pi2 is great, it can do everything.

I still can't find a better replacement, that has more power and memory, and still can do all the pi2 can do.

With latest builds, Pi2/Kodi is crashing after 3D ISO playback, or UI isn't coming back (no signal reported by display) after stopping playback. I've tried builds #1009 and #1010. Going to try first build with ISO support (#0916) tonight when I have some time.

Re: PQ, I'd rate the players as follows for now:
1. Pi2
2. Q5
3. X6

And about 2D playbacks?
Post #1 updated; 3D players split into 2 charts.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
Good this thread is now added to the Important Thread..

BRAVO!!!!
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Thanks to popcornmix, who has also been awesome, along with Milhouse, on Pi2 and 3D support Smile.
My Family Room Theater
(2015-10-13, 21:49)hdmkv Wrote: Post #1 updated; 3D players split into 2 charts.

You might need to add the Shield on later date Big Grin
Anthem MRX310 | XTZ 93.23 DIY 5.1 (Seas Jantzen Mundorf) | DXD808 | Oppo 103D | LG OLED 55EC930V | Nvidia Shield | ATV3

Hello,

I've read many parts of this very good post. Thanks to all who have contributed to it !

But now I have a question. I would like to replace my "old" Raspberry Pi B+ 512Mb / OpenElec with another player / device.

I've tested WeTek OpenElec and I'm not happy with it (because of HD audio support under OE 5.95.5; because it doesn't stay powered off when it receives power; etc.)

So I'm in the process of selecting another solution:

- Mi first idea is to use again a Raspberry Pi, this time the RPi 2 B mentioned in this post

But I'm thinking about:

- Odroid C1+ (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=210987)
- Entry HTPC (http://mymediaexperience.com/htpc-builds/entry-htpc/)

In terms of HD audio (I don't have a 3D TV so it doesn't matter), which option is better?

PS: I will connect it through my soundbar Yamaha YHT-S401, so is not a real 7.1 receiver but it can decode HD audio sent to it by HDMI.

Thanks!
(2015-10-13, 23:29)couto27 Wrote:
(2015-10-13, 21:49)hdmkv Wrote: Post #1 updated; 3D players split into 2 charts.

You might need to add the Shield on later date Big Grin

nvidia shield not support full 3d, it's out of the game Confused

(2015-10-13, 23:30)serieofilo Wrote: Hello,

I've read many parts of this very good post. Thanks to all who have contributed to it !

But now I have a question. I would like to replace my "old" Raspberry Pi B+ 512Mb / OpenElec with another player / device.

I've tested WeTek OpenElec and I'm not happy with it (because of HD audio support under OE 5.95.5; because it doesn't stay powered off when it receives power; etc.)

So I'm in the process of selecting another solution:

- Mi first idea is to use again a Raspberry Pi, this time the RPi 2 B mentioned in this post

But I'm thinking about:

- Odroid C1+ (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=210987)
- Entry HTPC (http://mymediaexperience.com/htpc-builds/entry-htpc/)

In terms of HD audio (I don't have a 3D TV so it doesn't matter), which option is better?

PS: I will connect it through my soundbar Yamaha YHT-S401, so is not a real 7.1 receiver but it can decode HD audio sent to it by HDMI.

Thanks!

this is wrong thread http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=229096
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
looun is right... if you don't need 3D, I'd pick Chromebox first, followed by nVidia Shield TV, followed by WeTek Core 4K (based on wrxtasy's review), followed by RPi2 Smile.

(2015-10-13, 23:29)couto27 Wrote: You might need to add the Shield on later date Big Grin
If nVidia adds MVC h/w decoding (lots of requests for it here; please add your voice if you haven't already), man, it'd be the ultimate all-in-one home theater box.
My Family Room Theater
(2015-10-14, 00:35)hdmkv Wrote: looun is right... if you don't need 3D, I'd pick Chromebox first, followed by nVidia Shield TV, followed by WeTek Core 4K (based on wrxtasy's review), followed by RPi2 Smile.

(2015-10-13, 23:29)couto27 Wrote: You might need to add the Shield on later date Big Grin
If nVidia adds MVC h/w decoding (lots of requests for it here; please add your voice if you haven't already), man, it'd be the ultimate all-in-one home theater box.

I did, heres my list...(SATV is on the way, probably amazon will delivery it....before the X6 pro )

Source Direct hdmi output- allows to bypass any video processing
Auto Frame rate (FPS)
RGB Full + Limited in 1080p & 4K (24/50/60hz)
YCbCr 4:2:0 / 4:2:2 / 4:4:4 in 4K and 1080p
Information about the Fractioned framerate and resolution while playing the video/games etc (23.976, 29.97,59.94 etc etc)

HDR (high dynamic Range support)

HDR (SMPTE) requirement for Ultra HD bluray
HDR10 (amazon or Netflix )
HDR (Dolby Vision) (vudu)

ISO 3D + option to choose file playlist + option to switch left /right eye
MVC MKV 3D + option to switch left /right eye + Half SBS and Half TB
Option to force 3D
Option for forced subtitles
Unicode utf-8 internal or external subtitles in STR formato.

Beta firmware upgrade optional
Backup option
Screen Saver + Dim after X minutes (very important for plasma and Oled TV due panel retention)
Update apps notification

Please add 3 customized/personalized settings in the firmware...
Game mode
Vídeo mode
Steaming mode
Anthem MRX310 | XTZ 93.23 DIY 5.1 (Seas Jantzen Mundorf) | DXD808 | Oppo 103D | LG OLED 55EC930V | Nvidia Shield | ATV3

Why the change from A+ to A- for the Raspberry Pi 2?
I ask because the device didnt change Wink
Lowered HiMedia Q5 to B+ as 23.976 is broken in latest firmwares, micro-stutters and slight speed-ups are noticeable. Lowered Pi2 to A- as stability isn't quite there yet (displays blanking out after playback) and 3D ISO doesn't yet have chapter support. Pi2 and 3D I think remains a work in progress, but given the talented devs involved, no doubt it'll end up as one of the best (if not the best) 3D box in near future.
My Family Room Theater
I have the Q5 and Pi 2.
I didnt notive that movies on Q5 with 23,976 have issues with latest firmware. What is the latest firmware? I have 3.0.1.1 installed.

With the test build #1013 on Pi 2 I dont have problems to play mvc isos and mvc mkvs. With #1011 I did have picture errors but now it plays fine.
The thing is that with #1011 mvc mkvs didnt play without errors but with OpenElec 5.95.5 the same files played without errors.
My files are on a NAS connected with NFS.
Chapter support in ISOs would be a Kodi feature, not something specific to the Raspberry Pi hardware.
But Kodi has already chapter support for a 2D ISO.
I cant say if it has chapter support on devices other than the Pi 2, but on the Pi 2 it has already with OpenElec 5.95.5.
(2015-10-14, 03:07)Kendos Wrote: I have the Q5 and Pi 2.
I didnt notive that movies on Q5 with 23,976 have issues with latest firmware. What is the latest firmware? I have 3.0.1.1 installed.
You have the latest firmware. If you aren't noticing microstutters or tiny speed-up type issues, then consider yourself lucky & able to enjoy movies w/o being distracted. A couple of us in the beta test group in contact with HiMedia have noticed and let them know.

Quote:With the test build #1013 on Pi 2 I dont have problems to play mvc isos and mvc mkvs. With #1011 I did have picture errors but now it plays fine.
The thing is that with #1011 mvc mkvs didnt play without errors but with OpenElec 5.95.5 the same files played without errors.
My files are on a NAS connected with NFS.
Haven't tried #1013, but #1012 already works better. Just need the nagging display blanking out bug (for some of us) squashed. At least there's a temporary work-around for now (noted in post #1).
My Family Room Theater
  • 67(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17