Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2015-10-22, 11:57)movie78 Wrote: No GPL Violation

1-VIDON BOX RATING = 95.5

3-RASPBERRY PI 2 RATING = 73

The Himedia Q5 was not part of these testing,but on the little time i had with the Himedia Q5, I will rate it at 100

VidOn is a GPL violator; never released source code as far as I'm aware. Maybe I'm wrong; let me know. And, that score for VidOn is too high. PQ is on the soft side, box is slow, and firmware development is all but dead... box is at end of life IMHO. Look at their own forum; it's pretty dead there.

Score of 73 is too low for RPi2. I get none of the issues you note. Try different builds as Kodi 16 for Pi2 is still in Alpha, and as devs note, there will be issues here & there to iron out. Guessing you gave it '50' for surround as it doesn't bitstream HD audio? That's unfair as Pi2 is decoding DTS-MA and TrueHD bit for bit no different than your AVR is doing it. You're still getting lossless audio. Yes, I know metadata is lost for 7.1 into a 5.1 setup, no ATMOS and no DTS:X. But, there is only a paltry selection of BD's with these new audio formats, and only a niche audience has them (or will upgrade to them).

HiMedia Q5 doesn't get a 100. No media player does. I only want HiMedia to add 23.976 support for 3D ISO's as they already have for 2D. I can live with the other shortcomings, like VC-1 1080i not playing, lack of MKV chapter support, etc.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT

Messages In This Thread
RE: Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - by hdmkv - 2015-10-22, 13:33
Himedia Q5 Pro - by wild nine - 2016-07-16, 01:15
Kodi coming to Xbox One - by woodpost - 2017-02-09, 01:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17