Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2015-11-07, 18:38)brazen1 Wrote: I would imagine just about any Windows laptop or pc with an O/S 7,8, or 10 is Kodi compliant.
What would matter is what sort of CPU and GPU is in it.
Since everything with W7 included at a minimum:
4GB Ram
HDMI output
i3 or better CPU
I think it's safe to say just about every PC out there will do it all with the extra expense of an external player, simply because of the 3D iso gap.
Converting a perfectly high bitrate 1:1 rip to a stripped version, simply so it will work with device solutions, is not an answer. It's an excuse and terrible work around that kinda' defeats the whole purpose.

Though older single core and dual core cpu's work, they struggle with high bitrate playback but these are pretty vintage yet still worth mention as rips are about space and not quality to many.
I have not seen a 10 year old quad core or higher that struggles with rendering high bitrate audio and video, 2D or 3D.
I use a 10 year old Xeon X5690 since I use my box for everything and not just an HTPC.
This includes the even more popular and common i3 and above processors that have been standard for many years.
Most come with 4GB of ram which is sufficient for heavy skins and heavy mods to those heavy skins.
Any GPU with HDMI 1.4 standard will carry anything tossed at it to modern or older panels.
Most of these specs are common everywhere for years.
I never see anything less on any shelves in this day and age.
Garage sales, clearance items, ebay, hand me downs, etc.
They are everywhere for next to nothing.

So an addition to your chart would be any Windows PC 7 or above to put it bluntly.
To compile a list would overload and cripple Kodi forum servers.

Can you do a video demo of your Windows setup?

Thanks!
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - by movie78 - 2015-11-07, 19:52
Himedia Q5 Pro - by wild nine - 2016-07-16, 01:15
Kodi coming to Xbox One - by woodpost - 2017-02-09, 01:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17