Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
Let me ask Simon @ Futeko. He sent me the HiMedia H8 unit for testing. The description does say:
Quote:Venz TLBB V8 will play 1:1 BD-ISO and 3D MVC BD-ISO rips in native Kodi. This is another feature unique to TLBB V8 amongst ARM Kodi boxes.
Other than Minix X8-H using VidOn Kodi, this would be the only other Amlogic S812-H box I'm aware of to claim 3D frame-packing support.

(2015-11-16, 05:44)wesk05 Wrote: For the life of me, I cannot get frame packing 3D output from Pi2. I have enabled MVC video and full HD HDMI modes for 3D under Acceleration (Settings - Videos). I also have adjust display refresh rate enabled and Sync playback to display disabled under Playback - (Settings - Videos). The file names have 3D.MVC.iso or 3D.MVC.mkv. I can only get SBS playback from both iso and mvc mkv. I can get frame packing 3D output from the same files on Zidoo X6. So, I don't think the problem is with the files or copying. I use DVDFab to make the iso and mvc mkv copies. I just don't know why I am not getting frame packing 3D output from the Pi2.

On Zidoo X6, when you open the iso, you get an option to play the movie as 3d. On the Pi2, it lists the different titles. Is this how it is supposed to be?

PS: Do you have Inside Out 3D? That movie doesn't play from the beginning on both Pi2 and Zidoo X6. It opens with the scene where Joy, Sadness & Bing Bong are riding the train of thought. There is also no option to rewind from this scene and go to the beginning of the movie. PowerDVD opens the iso correctly with language selection.

Re: RPi2: Try connecting it directly to your display w/o AVR, Lumagen, etc. in between and re-test if 3D plays okay.

Re: Zidoo X6, the playing options you get for 3D ISO is how it's supposed to be, and you select 'Play with 3D mode'. In RPi2, Kodi devs have already improved this & taken out necessity to have this option. It now automatically detects presence of MVC stream and plays in 3D mode.

Re: 'Inside Out' 3D, have it, but haven't checked it out yet.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT

Messages In This Thread
RE: Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - by hdmkv - 2015-11-16, 14:54
Himedia Q5 Pro - by wild nine - 2016-07-16, 01:15
Kodi coming to Xbox One - by woodpost - 2017-02-09, 01:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17