Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2015-12-05, 02:53)konto Wrote: I was reading a little bit into the alternatives and the Tronsmart seemed to be good value! Now I understand the issues posted above, but from a pure technical standpoint, all the moral and ethical issues aside, is the box any good?
No you do not understand at all, not in the slightest. I remind you that this is a Kodi forum.
Lets get one thing perfectly clear here, these are NOT Moral or Ethical issues. They are not some minor disagreement over differing points of view. This GPL matter is a legal violation of the licence , VidOn can actually be prosecuted in the eyes of the law.

Then there is this:
Quote:VidOn does not only violate the GPL license, they also violate the Kodi/XBMC trademarks and copyrights by not fully and completly rebranding their applications.
VidOn are the worst of the worst offenders that I can see. Please do not just brush their behavior aside under the carpet and dismiss it as a minor "moral and ethical issue". If you do, you are offending and upsetting the entire Kodi Open Source community.

Tronsmart should be ashamed of themselves
Do you think for one moment we want to discuss the technical merits of their device and possibly further their number of sales after everything I have just explained ?
Take your discussion matters over to a Tronsmart forum if you want to debate the technicals of their device

The question I ask, is what is the XBMC Foundation going to do about it ?
Where is their response ?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Media Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - by wrxtasy - 2015-12-05, 04:52
Himedia Q5 Pro - by wild nine - 2016-07-16, 01:15
Kodi coming to Xbox One - by woodpost - 2017-02-09, 01:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17