Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2015-12-08, 15:25)dchabby Wrote: well I tried to play a 3D iso last night with powerdvd on the HP Stream Mini with the Celeron 2957U and it did not work.

I looked in the settings in powerdvd and it said something to the effect of not finding appropriate hardware for 3D.

Oh well, I am tempted to convert all my 3D files to HSBS which can play on anything.

I tested a few files and honestly its very hard to tell any kind of difference between that and frame packing.

Has anyone else really tested to see if they can tell any difference ?

Not sure how you tested and concluded there is no difference between HSBS and frame packing when everything you wrote says you couldn't get it to work?
The difference is night and day especially on larger panels.

There is a readiness tool somewhere that will analyze your hardware for 3D MVC I've read about.
I think it is on the PDVD site?

It's very easy to set up 3D players to render a 3D MVC in the incorrect 3D mode.
I've seen many complaints by users because of faulty software adjustments trying to tackle inferior hardware.
The most common mistake in PDVD are panels switching into the 2D>3D conversion mode even though the material is 3D MVC to begin with and although somewhat useful, it looks pretty lame.
The PDVD 3D icon tells the truth.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W

Messages In This Thread
RE: Media Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - by brazen1 - 2015-12-08, 18:09
Himedia Q5 Pro - by wild nine - 2016-07-16, 01:15
Kodi coming to Xbox One - by woodpost - 2017-02-09, 01:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17