Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2015-12-09, 21:48)hdmkv Wrote: Well, I won't be reviewing the TLBB V8 4K. Discussed with them & didn't care for replies...

TLBB is
Quote:preparing a firmware update that will enable HD Audio passthrough on the TLBB
and
Quote:As for the support on MVC 3D, our hardware supports BD ISO 3D, just Kodi does not.

My reply...
Quote:That’s unfortunate, as the way you’re currently promoting V8 is going to upset many users. When you say “Blu-ray 3D”, people who know anything by what that means will expect full, frame-packed MVC playback... I’d strongly advise that you remove all ‘3D Blu-ray’ (and any HD audio) mentions everywhere (box/packaging, websites, marketing collateral) and instead tout what this box is best at ... pure linux, snappier than Android OS boxes w/same chip, easy/guided OpenELEC and Kodi set-up, automatic OTA updates, etc... I don’t plan to review this box now as it doesn’t do the two key things it was expected to: full 3D and HD audio.

Ugh! Thankfully, only lost 2 hours of my life on this, and hopefully saved aggravation to anyone intending to blind-buy this box for 3D and HD audio.

WOW!!!!!
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Media Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - by movie78 - 2015-12-09, 22:12
Himedia Q5 Pro - by wild nine - 2016-07-16, 01:15
Kodi coming to Xbox One - by woodpost - 2017-02-09, 01:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17