Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2015-12-14, 23:07)wesk05 Wrote:
(2015-12-14, 21:38)wrxtasy Wrote: So if this is true and 3D is only Top/Bottom with VidOn XBMC why are they advertising the Tronsmart S905 as 3D BD MVC + 3D ISO capable, is this a case of more false advertising ?
Surely your joking about no 23.976 ?

Well... it does read 3D ISO and outputs 3D MVC as Top/Bottom 3D Wink They are not saying that it does frame packing output. Even on S8XX platform VidOn was either 1) 23.976 and audio issue or 2) 24.000 with proper audio. On S905, it doesn't seem to switch refresh rates. On Minix S905, you get 23.976 output only when the system switches the refresh rate. Manually, you can only set it to 24Hz.
What you have just told me is in complete contradiction to Tronsmart's Own Home Website. The are actually (deceptively) advertising 3D MKV, 3D BDMV + 3D ISO Playback. There is no mention of the 3D limitations you are telling us. As a normal consumer I would think these Marketing terms would give me Full 3D video output. Thats why I'm calling them out for deceptive advertising.

Does anyone see a pattern repeating here in regards to hyped up 3D playback claims upon sale, first we had:
- Zidoo X9
- Venz V8 4K
- now we have Tronsmart S95

Seems to me they are all advertising with false or deceptive claims when the device is sold, and waiting for Koying to sort out and release the 3D fixed Open Source code on Github, then to only to copy this code and package in their own devices and in the case of Tronsmart / VidOn publish it as their own and violate the GPL2 Licence and Trademarks in the process.

At least MINIX are smart and trustworthy enough to not advertise their new U1 as 3D MVC, 3D ISO and HD Audio passthrough capable, because they knew these features did not work when the box was sold at retail level on release.

I will repeat again Tronsmart / VidOn are not to be trusted. They really are a disgusting combination.

I hope MINIX are reading this because they should consider completely severing all ties with VidOn.
As a Kodi forum sponsor they should take the lead and set an example for others to follow.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Media Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - by wrxtasy - 2015-12-15, 04:21
Himedia Q5 Pro - by wild nine - 2016-07-16, 01:15
Kodi coming to Xbox One - by woodpost - 2017-02-09, 01:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17