Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
Thanks all for the replies! Greatly appreciated.
The biggest con (for me at least) with the Pi2 is no Atmos/DTS-X support. With more and more movies coming out with either, that really is the deal breaker. That would mean I need to have a Pi2 for 3D with no Atmos, then keep my Windows HTPC for 2D movies with Atmos and use my 3D Bluray player for movies in 3D with Atmos lol. Let's hope for a Pi3 Tongue

Regarding the Q5,
I will ask in the Futeko forums regarding Json commands and I'm also wondering if you can use WOL to turn on the Q5 from sleep or from off state, anyone knows that?
A couple more questions...
- Will they add mkv chapter support?

- If you stop a 3D ISO half way, can you resume from the last spot?

- You guys are talking about using a NAS, I want to make sure that I understand correctly that I indeed can stream my movies via smb as long as they are not password protected, correct?
@hdmkv, you said:
"But, don't get Q5 if you don't plan to use the external player for most video playback as that's the whole appeal of this player (using Kodi only as the front-end to manage your movie/TV library, then via HiMedia's wrapper, automatically calling up the HiSilicon external player to enjoy 3D ISO's and HD audio)"

What's the point of using the external player for anything else than the 3D though? No chapter support on mkv, no Watched flag once you are done with an episode/movie.
Isn't the appeal of this player the perfect 3D playback from ISO?
Thanks again for the infos Smile
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(

Messages In This Thread
RE: Media Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - by ArieS - 2015-12-24, 12:41
Himedia Q5 Pro - by wild nine - 2016-07-16, 01:15
Kodi coming to Xbox One - by woodpost - 2017-02-09, 01:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17