Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2015-12-26, 10:39)Skank Wrote: Im not offended Wink
Heard of xtz before but dont have the money to chamge them all

I would sure love me some Focal Electra's on a Devialet amp however. That combo is do die for. Man that is gorgeous. Also if your planning on a amp for Atmos, all 7.1.4 setups need an external amp, but I think I read that you knew that. I got a Emotiva XPA-3 to run the front 3, dont regret it for a moment. I am running a Monitor Audio and it made my speakers sound 400% better from the quality difference. I have an older Yamaha 2030 that does not support Atmos unfortunately (I was misguided with the promise of a firmware update to find out the amp physically cant do it even if they cooked up some magical firmware...but that wasn't Yamaha that did that so no hard feelings to them, their products perform as promised from their advertised side).

Anyways, enough about the sound...back on topic. I have a HiMedia Q10 2K4K and it has absolutely fantastic 3D video quality. My only complaint is it can not decode forced subtitles without reading the whole CC track. So if you watch Avatar, you get everything spoken instead of just the Navi parts. Kinda irritating, because on the RPi2 it shows properly, but the video quality is not just less quality than the Q10, its not even average, its just absolutely terrible. I am running it on a 100" Studio 4k Reference screen on an Epson 5030ub. Even when I put them on my 2010 40" LG LED the quality is blatantly different,,,and still bad with my RPi2, and I have 2 of them so its not like I got a bad box.

Does anyone know if it is possible to take a box like the Q10 and homebrew a native Kodi interface like on a RPi? (I am assuming the 3D ISO is hardware based and not software based). It would be so nice to get a raw Kodi box with the video quality of a HiMedia with the support of RPi. That I am sure is everyone here's dream. Android box is fine, sure, but I exclusively use my box for HT use and its just overhead and extra resources/steps of use that for me doesn't need to exist. Damn shame with the TLBB, that looked like a dream come true...gotta love those manufacturers sales tactics that from their viewpoint is 100% acceptable.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Media Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - by flipmode009 - 2015-12-27, 01:34
Himedia Q5 Pro - by wild nine - 2016-07-16, 01:15
Kodi coming to Xbox One - by woodpost - 2017-02-09, 01:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17