Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2015-12-27, 12:51)ArieS Wrote:
(2015-12-24, 18:02)hdmkv Wrote: @ArieS, MKV chapter support is one of several requests already made to HiMedia directly. In fact, it has been a while since they've provided an update, so will check with my contact there. But, yes, if you stop an ISO or any video at whatever point, next time you will get a pop-up asking if you want to resume from that point or from start. The point of using the external player for videos other than 3D is HD audio and 23.976. Not sure if internal Kodi player supports either on this box.
Ah! I see your point now... I was assuming HD audio was already implemented across all platforms in Reg Kodi as it works from stock in Windows... So yeah, External player is really the way to go.
I still don't know if JSON commands work on this player or else I would order one Undecided

P.S: Do the Q5 and Pi2 can play 25fps videos with no stutters? Didn't see that on the 1st page.

Pi and Pi 2 happily play 25p and 50i videos with no issues, and output at 50Hz. For highest quality deinterlacing at 1080i you need a slightly overclocked Pi 2.

HD Audio bitstreaming is only really supported natively in Kodi on Intel platforms (Windows and Linux, not OSX and Android I think) and Intel and nVidia GPUs (AMD GPUs support it but with some frame rate caveats in some cases) HD Audio decoding is now being implemented for platforms that support multichannel PCM output but not HD Audio bitstreaming (some Windows platforms based on low-end Intel GPUs, the Pi 2 etc.)

Android platforms still have issues with HD Audio bitstreaming. nVidia support it on the Shield (but not sure support for it is quite there in Kodi yet), but most other Android solutions used closed source external players (or GPL-breaching Kodi forks...)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Media Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - by noggin - 2015-12-27, 15:07
Himedia Q5 Pro - by wild nine - 2016-07-16, 01:15
Kodi coming to Xbox One - by woodpost - 2017-02-09, 01:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17