Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
I've been reading along and trying to follow the news on all these media players but something keeps bugging me that I'm not sure I've found an answer for.

What is in the Pi (or similar) which allows the full functionality of MVC 3D MKV files that isn't in other devices or video cards?

If sounds like it's something to do with firmware, allowing the HDMI on the Pi (or similar) to access the MVC functionality that is built into most HDMI ports now. Is that correct? And if so, WTF can't/won't video card manufactures upgrade their firmware, even if only for specific models that aren't build for massing 4K 6 monitor gaming and the like?

Further, do the Pi manufactures have any ability to produce a PC video card with their functionality? I don't know all the logistics so just hoping to clarify some questions I have that I can relate to others who spend far more time frustrated with the 3D situation than they do looking into understanding it (old people!).

Thanks, and Happy New Year everyone!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Media Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - by Dave the Minion - 2016-01-03, 18:57
Himedia Q5 Pro - by wild nine - 2016-07-16, 01:15
Kodi coming to Xbox One - by woodpost - 2017-02-09, 01:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17