Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
Can someone please advise me on what 3DBD ISO player(s) also support Deep Color / x.v.Color / xvYCC reproduction?

I have several BD titles (Ghoustbusters I/II, Total Recall...) and some home videos which are in xvYCC quality and they really look stunning on my Panasonic GT60 plasma TV when they are rendered by BluRay player or by the telly itself (through direct play over DLNA or from SD/USB media).

Looking at the specs, Mede8er and other media streamers based on Realtek 1186 chipset should support xvYCC reproduction, as well as Dune HD Base 3D and other players based on Sigma Designs SMP8672. It seems that most of the "previous generation" chipsets were supporting xvYCC but now days this feature is scarse. I can see that x.v.Color / xvYCC is standard that never got on but I'm still not ready to give it up.

What about RPi2? I now HTPC with Intel HD graphics or discrete graphics should do the trick but I thought I could get away with some low-power ARM/MIPS device. Should I really go for 4-5 years old hardware just for that (xvYCC)?

I should probably mention that I don't need multi-channel HD audio pass-through.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Media Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - by ma9ick - 2016-01-04, 22:55
Himedia Q5 Pro - by wild nine - 2016-07-16, 01:15
Kodi coming to Xbox One - by woodpost - 2017-02-09, 01:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17