Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
Well trying to read a reply that was just tacking on to my quote wasn't all that easy, but the points being made about how great and awesome external players are seem to have fallen on deaf ears.

You only save 5% of disc space when ripping a 3D Blu-ray to MKV? Really? I just ripped Avengers AOU. Disc is over 45GB. MKV file with uncompressed HD audio and full resolution video is 37GB. That's 8GB or over 15% less. With over 170 3D movies that's more than a TERABYTE of wasted disc space. Whoopty-do indeed.

You are trying to argue how great Kodi, PDVD and Windows are together. Thing is even your set-up is not the simple 1 device solution people want. You claim computer GPU's do everything we want, but they don't. You miss all the points made to further run with your own opinion. Why can't you understand this?

You have a solution you like, great. Personally I'm not going to pay for a program (6 times) that doesn't do what I want, then pay for more storage to keep menus and promos and docs etc. that I don't need in my Kodi library and then still have to use my remote to tell the projector to change to the proper 3D setting. At this point the Pi for less expense does what computer GPU's SHOULD be able to do. Software decoding won't ever do what the Pi currently does. And then running an entire other program behind the scenes to deal with Cinevia issues makes external players for MVC MKV playback a non-starter for many people.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Media Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - by Dave the Minion - 2016-01-07, 03:52
Himedia Q5 Pro - by wild nine - 2016-07-16, 01:15
Kodi coming to Xbox One - by woodpost - 2017-02-09, 01:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17