Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2016-01-07, 03:06)hdmkv Wrote: Agree, "Any windows unit sold on the shelf today will work and so will the ones purchased years ago" won't do... which HTPC's or builds in particular support full 3D (via PDVD or TMT) and issue-free HD audio passthrough via Windows 10?

The list is too vast. When it comes right down to it, the GPU is the single component that is going to make or break issue free HD audio with passthrough and support full on 3D and passing that as well. All of this is achieved through HDMI connections which have been the norm for years now. As a rule of thumb, anything with an HDMI port is going to work. (Not DVI, HDMI or there are limitations, some with workarounds, some not) I have NEVER come across anything with an HDMI port that didn't work. But I haven't tested 1000's of machines. I suppose there could be a handful that might be problematic but I'm just guessing. Popular GPU's on windows machines are AMD, Intel, and Nvidia. All late model of these GPU's are capable of everything afaik. I rely on what little testing on various rigs I've done and reports to my thread to come to my conclusion. This includes on die stacked gpu's and motherboard integrated GPU's and PCIE lane GPU's. Personally I use an Nvidia 650. I have no reason to upgrade to the 900 series unless I decide to rip more h265 quicker. Not anytime soon. Windows 10 bugs, if you want to call them that, have all been dealt with. Been using 10 since the official release. No problems. Forget TMT. It isn't supported anymore. No probs with it on Vista through 8.1. 10 I had problems but I think it was a GPU driver issue in reality. Not sure. I migrated to PDVD15 and 10 to stay state of the art before I gave it another go. This whole windows is unreliable and incompatible myth is just that. You will seldom read success stories on the internet about anything. Folks tend to only post problems and the shear amount of them then gets summed up as the norm. In reality, 99% of the time, these problems are user error and not the software/hardware at fault. And if it isn't user error, it can be dealt with. Read my thread sometime when you're very, very bored. Where there's a will, there's a way.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W

Messages In This Thread
RE: Media Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio - by brazen1 - 2016-01-07, 03:57
Himedia Q5 Pro - by wild nine - 2016-07-16, 01:15
Kodi coming to Xbox One - by woodpost - 2017-02-09, 01:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17