• 137(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2016-01-06, 17:21)wrxtasy Wrote: .hdmkv - standby for another 3D MVC test version Smile

This is really exciting. Does the Wetek Core play 3D MVC mkv's or only 3d ISO with your build?
Still testing, one step forward, two steps back at the moment...don't get too excited just yet !

OK, still holding my horses. But, I am glad that things are happening.
@wrxtasy, for WeTek Core, maybe invite a couple of users here who have the unit + a 3D display? And, we need Koying's insights.

With wrxtasy's OE MVC build #3 to me, I got top/bottom output with 3D ISO's (forgetting if MVC MKV's played in 3D mode). Per Koying, I believe top/bottom output for full 3D is the right behavior on AML devices for now using his MVC hack (@Koying?)... pending a firmware update from AML?

With wrxtasy's OE MVC build #4, I was getting a weird top/bottom output squished to the left half of the screen like this and like this. Latter w/ISO, former w/MVC MKV.

Really good work and definitely getting closer considering this is bleeding edge to do natively (w/o VidOn's app) on AML.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2016-01-06, 23:15)hdmkv Wrote: Thanks, I'll try it out on my sample Beelink Mini MX, along with a new OE MVC build from wrxtasy on WeTek Core. Hopefully tonight!

Was you able to test this BUILD with your Beelink Mini MX?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Man this 3D stuff is doing my head in, I might just drink beer this evening and stop keyboard punching! Wink

@hdmkv, so build #3, does this give you an actual proper 3D picture at all if you switch your TV to whatever mode it needs or do you still get the top/bottom output with a Horizontal split thru the middle. If the line is there, that is what I see on my normal 2D TV as well.

Built #4 was a bit of a mish mash mongrel.

Yes good idea I will throw build #3 Noggins way as well as he has 3D gear, in fact here is the Link for it for those with a Core.
OpenELEC 6.0.0 Isengard Final 3D MVC v3 .tar HERE

(2016-01-07, 14:35)movie78 Wrote: Was you able to test this BUILD with your Beelink Mini MX?
Not yet. Downloaded both zips, but not clear how to apply on Mini MX (as it doesn't quite look like other OpenELEC packages I've seen)...

The first zip w/instructions "unzip first onto sdcard and flash via recovery":

The second zip w/no instructions:

If I do zip #1 and flash (unzipping its contents onto a SD card) my Mini MX, is the Android OS overwritten? And, how do I apply the 2nd zip or its contents? Not sure I want to join that forum just for this.
My Family Room Theater
Looks like a NAND flash that you would be doing there when the device reboots into its recovery mode.
And yes you will loose the Android OS.

The normal SD card running OE would be more convenient.

(2016-01-07, 14:50)hdmkv Wrote:
(2016-01-07, 14:35)movie78 Wrote: Was you able to test this BUILD with your Beelink Mini MX?
Not yet. Downloaded both zips, but not clear how to apply on Mini MX (as it doesn't quite look like other OpenELEC packages I've seen)...

The first zip w/instructions "unzip first onto sdcard and flash via recovery":

The second zip w/no instructions:

If I do zip #1 and flash (unzipping its contents onto a SD card) my Mini MX, is the Android OS overwritten? And, how do I apply the 2nd zip or its contents? Not sure I want to join that forum just for this.

you unzip the 3 files onto the sdcard and reboot into recovery via the toothpick method, once you get something installed you can just update like normal.

yes android would be gone, you can restore it by doing the same as above but with the factory firmware.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
Expecting my Tronsmart S95 budget 'Pro' box today, so planning to do a 'cheap S905 boxes comparative review' this weekend. I'll test the OE build for Mini MX above as well.

Was hoping to have my Minix U1 review sample by now, but it looks like it'll be a couple weeks yet before they get it to me.
My Family Room Theater
(2016-01-07, 06:15)movie78 Wrote: Is there any TestBuild for MXQ S85 Amlogic S805 Quad-Core ?

There are Openelec 6.0.0 builds, no 3d iso support, they play in 2D, not sure on HD audio passthru but it wasnt working on my s802 box. still a nice way to breath some life into that mxq if you werent using it.

http://amlinux.ru/image/ and the accompanying thread (mostly in non english) http://xbmc.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=4587
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
(2016-01-07, 12:06)opeters Wrote:
(2016-01-07, 04:38)Dave the Minion Wrote: .....Windows machines however do not have the ability to currently use hardware to output proper MVC 3D.....

Actually you can play MVC 3D on Windows using stereoscopic player, just fine! I tried it but dropped it due to lack of 3D sub support.

Do people ever read before trying to respond? I don't like arguing with stupid on the internet but geez dude, you are wrong twice in that single post.

First, Stereoscopic 3D is SOFTWARE based, not HARDWARE.

Second, you said it works fine. Then you said you dropped it because it doesn't support subs. Not supporting subs would not be very fine, would it?
(2016-01-07, 19:11)Dave the Minion Wrote:
(2016-01-07, 12:06)opeters Wrote:
(2016-01-07, 04:38)Dave the Minion Wrote: .....Windows machines however do not have the ability to currently use hardware to output proper MVC 3D.....

Actually you can play MVC 3D on Windows using stereoscopic player, just fine! I tried it but dropped it due to lack of 3D sub support.

Do people ever read before trying to respond? I don't like arguing with stupid on the internet but geez dude, you are wrong twice in that single post.

First, Stereoscopic 3D is SOFTWARE based, not HARDWARE.

Second, you said it works fine. Then you said you dropped it because it doesn't support subs. Not supporting subs would not be very fine, would it?
If you are so well informed you wouldn't be looking to "output proper MVC 3D".

MVC is an encoding scheme for storing 3D video, it is an INPUT to your kodi machine, not an output.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
May I ask here if we are finally at a point where an Android/Windows TV box is capable of playing HDCP 2.2 + HDMI 2.0a + 4K@60fps + HEVC/H.265 decoding?

I am still in the 4K upgrade process.
I bought the TV, but then I will probably have to upgrade the HTPC too.
However if I could void to spend extra money for it and buy a box instead... Big Grin
The Answer to that is all in this thread, as the question has nothing to do with 3D:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=252916

• 137(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17