Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
HiMedia Q5, after playing with it for a bit, it's a good box, but not perfect.

Bluray ISO and Bluray 3D ISO seem flawless. It appears true 23.976fps with no issues.

I turned off the Video Engine, it blew out the colors way too much for my liking.

Haven't tried a bunch of different file types, but wanted to get caught up on some TV shows so I started this:
Hells.Kitchen.US.S15E01.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION

engine is ON, I originally had HDMI output at 1080p60, noticed a slight stutter every minute or so, almost like it 'freezes' on a frame, but then catches back up. I turn the engine OFF, still 1080p60, still a slight stutter but not as bad. I changed output to 720p60, didn't really change the stutter.

Watched 2 more episodes E02 and E03 (same group: Dimension), all had the same 'freeze stutter' every minute or so. It wasn't *too* noticeable, but it WAS there. Not sure if this is a 720p issue or the way Dimension encoded the MKV......

Popcorn Hour A400 plays same files flawlessly.

It seems I will continue using A400 for these web-caps and the Q5 for Bluray ISO/3D ISO. In the end I tried Bluray with Video engine On and Off and I prefer it Off. Personal preference I guess!

One thing I noticed, the Q5 runs really hot to the touch. Hopefully it holds up!

Edit Note: I noticed my Q5 came with some Chinese apps installed, KPTV, Shafta Market, and another app. I uninstalled all 3. When I go to About, it says Model: Q5EN.2001 , so I am assuming I have the English box?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kodi Media Player Options with Full 3D & HD Audio - by alanisrox69 - 2016-02-12, 07:00
Himedia Q5 Pro - by wild nine - 2016-07-16, 01:15
Kodi coming to Xbox One - by woodpost - 2017-02-09, 01:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17