Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
They are all 100% 1:1 copies in MKV format.
So, you've retained the menu and all the extras or stripped it to just the main movie? I ask because we like a lot of the extra stuff from the original and find it very convenient to just rip a disc with everything as it was intended with just a click or two in AnyDvd to iso and no other messing around especially when it comes to 3D subs and the likes.

I said you found a solution that works for you, and if it does then great. But it won't work for me on 3 different set-ups. It's not going to work for many others.
31,000 hits from a guide about 6 months old with no complaints disagrees.

Just because you need a huge pick-up truck to haul your stuff around doesn't mean everyone should drive one.
Actually, I think it's the other way around? I have 1, count em', 1 device. 6"H x 17"W x 16"D. It serves clients, renders local, and everything else a PC does including the ripping tasks you failed to answer how you handle. Maybe you don't consider your ripping device another necessary device but I do when comparing apples to apples. Same with your NAS. That can go on the trailer behind the PU.

Even further your solution requires 3D ISO, which doesn't work for me either.
I see you haven't even read the guide otherwise you would understand it covers everything a user could throw at it, 2D and 3D with no problems or limitations.

I don't need a Windows machine with another licensed copy of PDVD to be able to watch a 3D movie in non-3D for my parents who live in a suite below me.
I agree, you don't. KODI will play any 3D in 2D perfectly. I think your point is, you don't want extra expenses for clients other than a Pi. The cost of a Windows machine is excessive for some. As I've written, assuming just about everyone on the planet has one already, costs are a wash. For those that don't, I agree a Pi is the next best thing if not the best thing for a (client) and why my interest is perked given the new improved model despite my past experiences. But for my main device in my theatre or an addition to negate PDVD? No. We've covered why inside and out.

It's there to give a crafted home theater experience in the home. It is NOT the same as sticking in a Blu-ray that's got all sorts of warnings and adds and other locked trailers that MUST be viewed before getting to a menu to then play the film.
Hmmm? I simply press skip or press menu on my remote to the main movie when I'm not interested in viewing the extras and never forced to view "locked trailers"? All that stuff you show in your video... I'm not dissing it. I'm not calling it garbage. Again, I like a lot of that garbage on the original disc. On the contrary, I read replies to why folks strip the original disc. I thought it was to comply with devices but turns out they were interested in saving disc space and referred to everything they stripped as unnecessary garbage. That said, I understand your cinema experience is to imitate a commercial movie theatre foreplay and I'm sure your client and guests enjoy the handcrafting vs. what already comes on most Blu-rays... if you didn't strip these things out. Personally, it's not for me. What's on the Blu-ray is enough.

Using PDVD would make such a mess of these sequences because it can't handle SBS properly and would jump in and out of Kodi.
I don't seem to experience these messes?

It's not a proper solution at all.
I know. You keep writing that to me but everything keeps working properly.

You need to spend a bit more time reading.
Is this the part where you show me you're mas macho than previously?

I took your advice and "spent a bit more time reading" your entire last paragraph over and over so you won't keyboard me to death. I'm tired of replying though. Just another rant contradicting reality. I want to go enjoy my home theatre now.

The whole point of this argument has escalated to who is making a better point. It serves no use to others or this thread. You and I are going to butt heads no matter what. I'm going to leave it at, I have my ways and you have yours. You have your reasons, I have mine. Neither of us is better than the other. We are different. I call a truce and should we cross paths again I will think very carefully before engaging and expect the same from you.

That said, how about a quick video showing the Pi in action using 3D MVC iso so this whole spew of ours has some benefit for myself and perhaps others on the edge of their seat watching the drama unfold?
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kodi Media Player Options with Full 3D & HD Audio - by brazen1 - 2016-02-24, 04:56
Himedia Q5 Pro - by wild nine - 2016-07-16, 01:15
Kodi coming to Xbox One - by woodpost - 2017-02-09, 01:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17