Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2016-03-02, 19:14)Dave the Minion Wrote:
(2016-03-02, 18:57)hdmkv Wrote: Have been reading the 3D MVC Windows HTPC thread, and in current form, seems like even i5 isn't capable enough... maybe further development will address this:
(2016-03-02, 10:46)da-anda Wrote: the stuttering video is veeery likely related to you CPU not being strong enough to decode MVC in software. My i5 2,4 GHz is also struggling with that.

I'll be getting a Pi3 to try out, but I have my hopes on HiMedia Q10 Pro. It's already good, and can be excellent if some nagging bugs (namely audio synch) can be fixed by release or soon thereafter. Should be fixable I think, hope. The new SoC is noticeably faster (navigation, fluidity, boot-up). Also, UyeSee appears to be getting ready to enter the market as well with its own HiSilicon Hi3798C V200 box; stay tuned.

You've been reading the 3D Blu-ray thread WRONG.

It's NOT about using software decoding. Not. At. All. People keep asking for this option and that option and all of them require software decoding within Kodi. The thread is about HARDWARE decoding which an i3 of certain architecture is fully capable of. It's about utilizing the HARDWARE that is built into a HTPC, specifically and at this point limited to Intel hardware on a Windows 8 or higher OS, to do what the Pi currently does. Those who continue to post in that thread asking about AMD and Linux have run it so far off track many times and it's only been going just over a week.

I watched In the Heart of the Sea in full MVC MKV 3D last night on a HTPC with lossless bitstreamed TrueHD audio and the projector automatically changed to the proper 3D mode for me. That is a huge coup and the 4 threads of the i3 never ran higher than 30% outside of extremely brief spikes to maybe 50%.

Basic reading comprehension skills are scary bad when you look at a thread like that. If you don't have Intel on Windows then right now you are SOL and other than casual reading and research that thread is not for you.

so is it changing to proper 3D mode but outputing in Top and Bottom or does it report it as true frame packing? its weird that the screenshots show over under output making it seem like its just MVC decoding 3D but not actually outputting frame packed. can you clarify your results? does your projector report frame packing?
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kodi Media Player Options with Full 3D & HD Audio - by dukester - 2016-03-03, 01:31
Himedia Q5 Pro - by wild nine - 2016-07-16, 01:15
Kodi coming to Xbox One - by woodpost - 2017-02-09, 01:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17