Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
Hdmkv, since you have almost identical projector what is your opinion on "Frame interpolation"?

After some experiments and testing I settled on frame interpolation 1 for regular 2D movies on scale 0 to 3. Low setting helps to sharpen the image with panning scenes and it does not eliminate true 24 frames experience. Any missing frames are clearly visible on my 150" wall with or without frame interpolation.

3D.
I use original Epson 3D glasses (2 of them came with my pj). My preferred mode for 3D on this projector with active glasses is high (max 3) for frame interpolation. I can't find any information and I don't have equipment to measure this but it looks like the glasses are working at 120Hz fixed speed independent from the source material and projector frame rate. At 24 fps it looks like the 3D glasses are out of sync to video frame rate. With frame interpolation to the max. glasses will sync on any high speed interpolated frame without noticeable pulsing and skips.

I have 3 sets of original Epson glasses and 2 "no name" from Ebay. The no name glasses were rated at 200 Hz. There is definitely more noticeable ghosting effect on no names specially on far objects.
Epson is advertising Bright 3D Drive Technology for this pj.
"Bright 3D Drive Technology doubles the image refresh rate from 240 Hz to 480 Hz to provide greater brightness when viewing 3D content." I don't know how this is all connected but 3D with frame interpolation to the max looks best.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kodi Media Player Options with Full 3D & HD Audio - by 3DBuff - 2016-03-25, 16:15
Himedia Q5 Pro - by wild nine - 2016-07-16, 01:15
Kodi coming to Xbox One - by woodpost - 2017-02-09, 01:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17