Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2016-06-09, 10:08)D-m-x Wrote: @hdmkv: I remember a while back before you updated your Post you had a few explanations how to set up the Raspi/Openelec/LibreElec in terms of Sound and 3D Settings. I can't find that anymore, i found that very useful because i didn't fully understand everything myself. I wanted to look it up againsince I reset my PI. Is there anywhere i can find that Explanation or somethign similiar?

Thank you Smile
@D-m-x, I haven't used RPi in a while, but basic steps for Pi2/3 would be:
  1. Download 'RPi2 and RPi3 (Combined) Build' from here (image), under 'New Install and Manual Update for LibreELEC (.img.gz)'
  2. Extract to get .img (image) file, and use this tool to write image to microSD card
  3. Put mSD card into Pi and power on
  4. Go through LibreELEC wizard until you get to main Kodi UI. Go to settings and note Pi's IP address
  5. Leave Pi on and connected to your network, and now get latest Milhouse 'RPi2' build here (.tar file)
  6. Browse to your Pi on your network via File/Windows Explorer on your PC, and just copy over the .tar file over the the 'Update' folder
  7. Reboot Pi to apply update
  8. In Kodi, go to settings and toggle to 'Expert' view to see all options
  9. Under Videos > Playback, enable 'Adjust display refresh rate to match video' on start/stop. But, leave 'Sync playback to display' disabled
  10. Under System > Audio, choose 7.1 or 5.1 channels (whatever your set-up is), and 'Enable passthrough' should be unchecked. Instead choose 8-channel PCM option (forgetting what it's labeled as exactly)
  11. Ensure 'Use Full HD HDMI mode for 3D' is enabled and anything that says 'MVC' (again, I'm forgetting what these are named as)
  12. [Optional, but recommended if you use MPEG2 and VC-1] Get codec licenses from Pi foundation

Think those are it... if any further questions or issues, you may want to ask in the Raspberry Pi section.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kodi Player Options with MVC/frame-packed 3D & HD Audio - by hdmkv - 2016-06-09, 17:12
Himedia Q5 Pro - by wild nine - 2016-07-16, 01:15
Kodi coming to Xbox One - by woodpost - 2017-02-09, 01:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17