• 255(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
I will admit I tried to skim through this thread, but can't seem to find anything definite. At the moment 4K/HDR is not important to me. All I'm looking for as a requirement is passthrough audio to do HD audio/Atmos and 3D would be a plus. Is there any "easy" answer to this such as a nuc or something? Just feeling overwhelmed be options
How important is 1080p 3D that is the question ?

Because all these 3D media players apart from the RPi3 do not run standard versions of Kodi.
The Q5/10 and Zidoo X9S use Kodi for a graphic user front end interface to call on there own external media players and none of this is Plug N Play and user friendly compared to other much less complicated Kodi media players ?

Then you have the added complication of Firmware upgrades with Android - and that can really be a PITA - and cause all sort of headaches.

So the question is how important is 1080p 3D to you or do you just want a solid reasonably bug free HD Audio/Atmos Kodi media player ?

The HD audio is more important. I have a few 3D movies which would be nice to see as they are 3D/HD audio, but more looking at the audio since I want to upgrade from a RPi2

I re-read the first page and the Intel D34010WYK NUC seems reasonable on eBay. This might not be a "standard" version of Kodi, but will I be happy with this?

Thanks for the quick response!
The D34010WYK is a no brainer. As you can see in my sig, I do have one.
I started with a 2820 (if I remember the model right) but it wasn't cutting it.
Following Hdmkv and movie78 advice and I got one for fairly cheap on ebay.

Be aware that with the latest build, 3D movies including Atmos (and maybe TrueHD, not sure) have micro stutters. Very annoying when you notice them.
I hadn't watched 3D in a while but I recently watched a couple of movies and found that out. Could be an issue on my NUC only but I really doubt it.
Since I had some previous builds still on the NUC, I re-installed a build from December, I believe, and everything is now smooth. No more stuttering.

If you do go ahead with this NUC, I can get you the build I use but maybe you should try the latest and see if you have micro stutters...
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
(2017-07-28, 11:45)ArieS Wrote: If you do go ahead with this NUC, I can get you the build I use but maybe you should try the latest and see if you have micro stutters...
Thanks, I'm also checking out ebay now and you can find some deals for under $200. I don't watch a ton of 3D, but might need to find the build that doesn't stutter.
Man, I am just having the worst time with my Xidoo X9s and microstutters and not-so-micro video stutters. It seems like I'm getting them more and more lately.

I'm running the newest firmware (1.4.6).

All my movies are Bluray MVC rips from my library.

I have a 16 WD drive set to RAID 0 and connected directly to the box via USB 3.0 (drive info: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01B6B...UTF8&psc=1)

Can any of you guys and gals help me out? I'm not sure why it's acting up like this. It doesn't happen with all my movies but some are worse than others.
(2017-07-27, 18:12)koxkp Wrote: The HD audio is more important. I have a few 3D movies which would be nice to see as they are 3D/HD audio, but more looking at the audio since I want to upgrade from a RPi2

I re-read the first page and the Intel D34010WYK NUC seems reasonable on eBay. This might not be a "standard" version of Kodi, but will I be happy with this?

Thanks for the quick response!

D34010 is awesome for everything unless you need 4K/HDR.

Intels newer platforms which have 4K HDR support should have just supported all the d34010 did but they screwed it up by using a weird LSPCON hdmi 2.0 port...

Hopefully coffee lake will have a proper native hdmi 2.0 port and then intels newest will once again be the recommended NUC for the latest formats.

Sent from my iPhone
HT System - Denon X1500-H, 4x RP-500M for FR,FL,SR,SL, RP-404C for Center, 2x RP-500SA for Top Middle, SVS PB-2000. Harmony 665, LG OLED CX 65, Samsung PN51H5000 Plasma
I have a lot of 3D movies that are in full over-under format (1920x2160). In windows version of Kodi I can "stretch to 16:9" to get the correct aspect ratio. However, in the android version of Kodi, stretching to 16:9 does nothing. Is this a known bug for android builds ?

[EDIT]

In case someone wants to see the log files, here they are:

1. Log from Android box (Minix U9) : https://pastebin.com/WPM4fQpK
2. Log from Windows 10 : https://pastebin.com/etf9YxBZ

I am trying to play a 3D video that has a resolution of 1920x1600. The only thing I've changed in the header file is the video display width & height. I've set them to 1920x800. The video is displayed in the correct aspect ratio on the Windows machine but in the wrong aspect ratio on the Android box.

[/Edit]
it used to be with the nvidia chipsets 3D mvc worked. infollowed the instructions and dropped that intel dll into the kodi root folder

unfortunately all i ever get is OU 3D.

something change?

anyone with an nvidia chipset try the latest build? i am using the 1080TI chipset
(2017-07-11, 23:35)brazen1 Wrote: The ONLY thing that 'Does it all' is a Windows 10 computer of any type with an Nvidia GTX 960 graphics card or better as long as it hardware decodes, especially HEVC....[CUT]

You mean that also my AMD A10 APU based machine enriched with the GTX 960 can do the job ?

Thanks in advance
Hi,
I'm using Kodi MVC build on Windows 10 but I would like to know if Ubuntu 16.04 supports MVC with Kodi ?
Also, I would like to know if official Kodi supports 3D half SBS on Windows and Ubuntu ? With auto switch 3D.
Thank you !
(2017-10-19, 08:37)NicCo Wrote: Hi,
I'm using Kodi MVC build on Windows 10 but I would like to know if Ubuntu 16.04 supports MVC with Kodi ?
No
Quote:Also, I would like to know if official Kodi supports 3D half SBS on Windows and Ubuntu ?
yes on every operating system
Quote: With auto switch 3D.
No, but a couple of button presses on your TV remote will switch
Quote:Thank you !
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thank you !
So it is only possible to use 3D half SBS auto switch with Windows 10, RPi 2/3 and some other boxes ?
Don't quote me, but I think it works on various platfoms, but somewhat randomly. But don't be hung up on auto switching, it is not he be all and end all.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
incase you've not seen it, very indepth review of the egreat A11 http://www.avsforum.com/forum/39-network...t-a11.html

"The Egreat A11 trumps the picture quality of the latest Oppo UHD BD players generation, which makes it a good choice for videophiles."

Looks like sticking to the same SoC for a few generations is paying off.
  • 255(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17