• 267(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
I can think of two movies for which I equally like both the 4K and 3D versions... 'Aquaman' 4K, only because the IMAX scenes (missing from the 3D) are terrific, and Blade Runner 2049 cuz the 4K PQ is so great. Still, 3D on both are overall more immersive.
Can anyone help with 3d playback on the Zidoo X9s or give me some other advise? I originally posted 24 days ago, but haven't received any response yet. My original post is on page 266, post #3984. Thank you.
You should email Zidoo support at [email protected] as it sounds like your Ourglass may not be registered. Zidoo requires you provide your unit’s MAC address.
(2019-08-07, 20:02)Sam.Nazarko Wrote:
(2019-08-07, 17:13)mattmarsden Wrote: We should very soon be able to add the Vero 4K to this list.

Correct. You can test 3D MVC here: https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/3d-frame-pac...tput/81681
When things are a bit more stable, I'll make it part of OSMC as standard.

Sam  
Looks like great progress with 3D ISO & MVC MKV support. Requested & getting a Vero 4K+ review sample, thanks to Sam. Very exciting as this would be the first AMLogic box to support full framepacked 3D, and do so natively in Kodi.

Added several awesome recent 3D must-have titles to post #1:
- Avengers: Endgame (2019) Even w/o IMAX scenes, it blows the 4K version out of the water!
- The Queen's Corgi (2019) Pop-outs and 3D eye-candy import from Holland
- Ralph Breaks the Internet (2018) Awesome eye-candy & terrific depth! Japan import
While I realise that "must have" 3D is necessarily a subjective concept, I'm still a bit shocked that you haven't included the 3D version of Terminator 2 which is the best 2D->3D conversion I've ever seen.
You're right, missed that one... added!
(2019-08-30, 17:30)hdmkv Wrote: You're right, missed that one... added!

Hi ,
I have RPI 3B+ , 
I need to choose here : https://libreelec.tv/downloads_new/
on the app ToolKit to download version to : " Rasberry PI 2 and 3 " ? 

Another question,
If I  will update to the last LibreELEC version : 
"LibreELEC-RPI2.arm-9.0.0.img.hz" 

Does it  support 3D MVC ISO Full like Kyptopn 17 kodi ?

On the newest version they add Blueray Menus to 3D ISO ? 

Thanks for help .
When I had the RPi, I always used the latest builds here. Full 3D MVC support yes, but no HD audio passthrough. Don't know about BD menus, but don't think they're supported.
The Zidoo X9S works great for me (occasional stutter, but otherwise full 3D and Atmos/X passthrough).  It's quite reasonably priced.
THEATER: 11.1.10 Atmos, Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB Speakers; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube
This won't be necessary for the zidoo player. After watching quite some 3D movies, it seems to me, that 3D pop outs more when it's full screen, but when some movies have black bars I don't seem to notice that much, as I do with full screen ones. It could be because the picture gets smaller and I might be too far. That's just my experience. What are yours experience with watching 3D?
(2019-08-28, 22:52)hdmkv Wrote:
(2019-08-07, 20:02)Sam.Nazarko Wrote:
(2019-08-07, 17:13)mattmarsden Wrote: We should very soon be able to add the Vero 4K to this list.

Correct. You can test 3D MVC here: https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/3d-frame-pac...tput/81681

Sam   
Looks like great progress with 3D ISO & MVC MKV support. Requested & getting a Vero 4K+ review sample, thanks to Sam. Very exciting as this would be the first AMLogic box to support full framepacked 3D, and do so natively in Kodi.

- Avengers: Endgame (2019) Even w/o IMAX scenes, it blows the 4K version out of the water!
- Ralph Breaks the Internet (2018) Awesome eye-candy & terrific depth! Japan import 
I just ordered one, at its price point, it will at least replace my Shield TV for my Plex player even if it isn't as good at 3D as my Zidoo X10. I will miss the hard drive slot but I am sick of replying on constant firmware updates that do not seem to change anything in my setup. I have been trying to ask if Zidoo can at least let certain apps like Plex to access the hardware media player and they don't even have the courtesy to say they have no plans. I am tired of it being stuck in 2.0 audio outside of their native media player. Too bad because the video quality is so good. Well I love that the Vero 4k+ has native support, which means that it will continue to move forward with Kodi builds for now. End cost is only a few $$$ more than RPi 4 which doesn't even get HD Audio until 2021 (unless a miracle happens before). So its a win regardless of 3D issues IMO. I will update later if Plex within Kodi will play 3d mvc...if it does then ummm about fn time I don't have to play hard drive swap.
(2019-11-14, 08:28)flipmode009 Wrote:
(2019-08-28, 22:52)hdmkv Wrote:
(2019-08-07, 20:02)Sam.Nazarko Wrote: Correct. You can test 3D MVC here: https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/3d-frame-pac...tput/81681

Sam   

I just ordered one, at its price point, it will at least replace my Shield TV for my Plex player even if it isn't as good at 3D as my Zidoo X10. I will miss the hard drive slot but I am sick of replying on constant firmware updates that do not seem to change anything in my setup. I have been trying to ask if Zidoo can at least let certain apps like Plex to access the hardware media player and they don't even have the courtesy to say they have no plans. I am tired of it being stuck in 2.0 audio outside of their native media player. Too bad because the video quality is so good. Well I love that the Vero 4k+ has native support, which means that it will continue to move forward with Kodi builds for now. End cost is only a few $$$ more than RPi 4 which doesn't even get HD Audio until 2021 (unless a miracle happens before). So its a win regardless of 3D issues IMO. I will update later if Plex within Kodi will play 3d mvc...if it does then ummm about fn time I don't have to play hard drive swap. 
One thing to be aware of is that you'll need to install the Frame Packed build manually for a little while until it's stable enough to include by default.

Cheers,

Sam
(2019-11-14, 18:53)Sam.Nazarko Wrote:
(2019-11-14, 08:28)flipmode009 Wrote:
(2019-08-28, 22:52)hdmkv Wrote: Looks like great progress with 3D ISO & MVC MKV support. Requested & getting a Vero 4K+ review sample, thanks to Sam. Very exciting as this would be the first AMLogic box to support full framepacked 3D, and do so natively in Kodi.

One thing to be aware of is that you'll need to install the Frame Packed build manually for a little while until it's stable enough to include by default.

Cheers,

Sam 

Yes I understand, I am use to doing everything the hard way at this point. LOL
Box is taking FOREVER to ship to me though, what a drag.
(2019-12-01, 01:28)flipmode009 Wrote:  
Wish they could also make 3D work on CE with S905X2 Boxes. But no sign of developer intention in the subject so far.
(2019-12-01, 01:28)flipmode009 Wrote:
(2019-11-14, 18:53)Sam.Nazarko Wrote:
(2019-11-14, 08:28)flipmode009 Wrote: I just ordered one, at its price point, it will at least replace my Shield TV for my Plex player even if it isn't as good at 3D as my Zidoo X10. I will miss the hard drive slot but I am sick of replying on constant firmware updates that do not seem to change anything in my setup. I have been trying to ask if Zidoo can at least let certain apps like Plex to access the hardware media player and they don't even have the courtesy to say they have no plans. I am tired of it being stuck in 2.0 audio outside of their native media player. Too bad because the video quality is so good. Well I love that the Vero 4k+ has native support, which means that it will continue to move forward with Kodi builds for now. End cost is only a few $$$ more than RPi 4 which doesn't even get HD Audio until 2021 (unless a miracle happens before). So its a win regardless of 3D issues IMO. I will update later if Plex within Kodi will play 3d mvc...if it does then ummm about fn time I don't have to play hard drive swap.  

Cheers,

Sam 

Yes I understand, I am use to doing everything the hard way at this point. LOL
Box is taking FOREVER to ship to me though, what a drag.

PM me your order number and I’ll check what’s up. We did get a load of orders this Black Friday so it’s slowed us down, but if you ordered before then it should be well on its way now

Sam
  • 267(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17