• 270(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2020-07-21, 11:12)QT-Pro Wrote: For what it's worth, I'm running a Ugoos AM6 Plus Tv box through an XGIMI H3 projector (similar to the H2 but much brighter and with improved colour saturation). This projector's 3D image blows me away. It is literally exquisite with zero ghosting!

Like all LED projectors, it requires DLP-link glasses which are an optional extra. The ones offered by XGIMI can be found for less than half the price if purchased elsewhere. For example, I purchased a set of 4 pairs for just over 44 euros. Compare that to the 79 euros per pair I paid for my previous Panasonic active shutter glasses! The reason I mention the glasses is because despite their fragile look, they are rather clever. I don't know if all DLP-link glasses have the same features but these allow switching between eyes and, when you leave the room to get a drink or a visit to the WC, you don't need to take them off because as soon as you quit the projected image the glasses change to clear, as though you weren't wearing glasses at all.

Another important difference is that with my previous Panasonic glasses the image would darken. You got used to it but in darker scenes it was a pain in the backside. Nothing of the sort with the DLP-link glasses! The image remains bright and crisp and you get to view the movie exactly as it was intended.

The quality of projector images today is so good and the equipment so small and affordable that I fully expect Android based TV projectors to replace televisions in the near future.
Ugoos AM6 Plus supports 3D? As in full MVC/framepacking 3D? Do tell... via Kodi, a special build/fork? Or via native Android player?
(2020-07-21, 19:25)hdmkv Wrote:
(2020-07-21, 11:12)QT-Pro Wrote:  
Ugoos AM6 Plus supports 3D? As in full MVC/framepacking 3D? Do tell... via Kodi, a special build/fork? Or via native Android player?
I don't know what full MVC/framepacking is but it works fine in VLC and Kodi. I haven't tried it in any other players. The point of my post was praise for the projector's 3D performance which is even better than my Philips 3D TV. You see, my previous 3D projector was a Panasonic PT-AE8000 which cost 3x the price of the XGIMI H3. While the Panasonic's 2D HD image was very good, its 3D image was sorely lacking. I even had a professional technician come over to alter the configuration in order to improve the image which suffered from ghosting and dark areas. He was unable to improve it further than the company that installed it had achieved. The little H3's image is far superior in every respect but where it makes you go Wow! is when used in 3D. Sublime would be an understatement!

Coming back to the AM6, all my 3D content is on an external HDD which is connected to the AM6 so I'm guessing the AM6 does support 3D unless it passes the image to the H3 which then decodes it? The XGIMI H2 & H3 projectors are both 3D capable.
Thanks... what kind of 3D files do you have? Are they straight 3D Blu-ray rips or side-by-side or top-bottom MKV's?
(2020-07-22, 18:23)hdmkv Wrote: Thanks... what kind of 3D files do you have? Are they straight 3D Blu-ray rips or side-by-side or top-bottom MKV's?

A mixture of 3D Blu-ray rips to ISO and SBS/TB MKV's using Open Cloner UltraBox.
This is news as other than Vero 4K/4K+ and recent addition of 3D MVC support, I'm unaware of any other AMLogic-based player supporting 3D via either Android or Linux (like CoreELEC).
(2020-07-22, 20:19)hdmkv Wrote: This is news as other than Vero 4K/4K+ and recent addition of 3D MVC support, I'm unaware of any other AMLogic-based player supporting 3D via either Android or Linux (like CoreELEC).

Well you can always check directly with Ugoos. The XGIMI smart projector is also Android based. A simple search on YouTube for XGIMI H2 3D will bring up a few videos showing it in action. Alternatively, check out its specs on the XGIMI US site.
Just tried Milhouse build #0717 (Matrix) on a Rasp Pi3, now it doesn't recognize 3D MVC.

It's working with Libreelec 9.2.3

What am i missing?
(2020-08-06, 09:09)farhanito Wrote: Just tried Milhouse build #0717 (Matrix) on a Rasp Pi3, now it doesn't recognize 3D MVC.

It's working with Libreelec 9.2.3

What am i missing?

Is it possible that you recently ripped a title using MakeMKV?
MakeMKV have changed how MVC is packed. See https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/3d-frame-pac...am_nazarko.
Thanks for this great thread!  I've ordered a Vero 4K+ but while I'm waiting I'm trying to get my RPI4 to work.

I've installed LibreELEC v9.2.3 and it doesn't work.  I looked in the forum and it looks like it requires a beta build of v9.2.4.

What's the easiest way (or any way?) to get 3D MVC (frame-packed) working on the RPI4?
Don't think RPi4 supports 3D yet.
Just a heads up, I might suggest rewording your recommendation of Vero 4K as a 3D box. As it's written, it implies that it's a fully functional 3D box that doesn't involve unstable software or unsupported titles, whereas the present reality is quite different, and there's no firm ETA on when it might be finished (we've been waiting on this feature for over a year, and due to firmware issues that need to be resolved in partnership with the chip developer it doesn't sound like a sure thing that it ever will have artifact free 3d playback on every title). Literally the first title I played had very noticeable macro-blocking (Avatar) and the second title simply displayed an overlapping 3d mess (Ready Player One). The latter issue should be resolved in the next test build, but in any case it seems like eager 3D fans might be better served with a more accurate picture of the current situation.
(2020-08-07, 19:38)SofaKng Wrote: Thanks for this great thread!  I've ordered a Vero 4K+ but while I'm waiting I'm trying to get my RPI4 to work.

I've installed LibreELEC v9.2.3 and it doesn't work.  I looked in the forum and it looks like it requires a beta build of v9.2.4.

What's the easiest way (or any way?) to get 3D MVC (frame-packed) working on the RPI4?
Yup I can confirm that it's not working in any builds yet. Sounds like they're making slow progress, but I wouldn't bank on the RPI4 having 3D in a stable build anytime soon.
(2020-08-14, 19:53)filmgeek47 Wrote: Just a heads up, I might suggest rewording your recommendation of Vero 4K as a 3D box. As it's written, it implies that it's a fully functional 3D box that doesn't involve unstable software or unsupported titles, whereas the present reality is quite different, and there's no firm ETA on when it might be finished (we've been waiting on this feature for over a year, and due to firmware issues that need to be resolved in partnership with the chip developer it doesn't sound like a sure thing that it ever will have artifact free 3d playback on every title). Literally the first title I played had very noticeable macro-blocking (Avatar) and the second title simply displayed an overlapping 3d mess (Ready Player One). The latter issue should be resolved in the next test build, but in any case it seems like eager 3D fans might be better served with a more accurate picture of the current situation.
Thanks and agreed. Added to post #1, reduced grade to A-, and updated Vero 4K+ review.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
Hello all,

I'm really found of 3D. I've got dozens of .MKV with 3D MVC, ripped from ISO without any compression, of course.

I have been using Raspberry Pi for years, with Libreelec, to my greatest satisfaction.

Recently, I acquired a Pi4B to add 4K support. Unfortunately, now, 3D doesn't work anymore, whatever the format. And the answers on the forums indicate that 3D is not the priority of the developers... I agree, but what a shame to make users lose functionalities for whom it was perhaps a priority Smile

So I'm seriously thinking about buying a Vero 4K +, hoping that 3D will soon be back in the "normal" update, it's in "beta" at the moment, and above all, that it's a sustainable solution...

And I confirm for Terminator 2, but I would also add Ant-Man (the first one) as a nice 3D version Smile

Where to buy Vero 4K + in France ?
(2020-08-23, 13:00)Sinisan Wrote: Where to buy Vero 4K + in France ?
You can buy it online at http://getvero.tv, I don't know if Sam has a distributer in France.
LG 77G1 • Onkyo TX-RZ70 • Q Acoustics F:2050i C:2000Ci R:2020i A:QI65C • 2x BK Elec XXLS400-DF
Vero V (OSMC) • Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019) • Sony UBP-X800M2 • Sony PlayStation 5
  • 270(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17