• 1(current)
Bug Bug Reports
Bug 
This thread is for bug reports ONLY.

If you want to make a feature request, please start a new thread so that other users can also discuss the ideas.
If you need support with the skin, please ask in the main thread.

If you want to make a bug report, please first check if it has already been mentioned in this thread.
Please don't make duplicate bug reports unless you have new information to add.

If you are making a bug report, please provide clear steps about how to reproduce.
Visual bugs are best illustrated with a screenshot.

Off topic posts will be deleted.

Known Bugs / To fix List
  • Widgets still show when they have no items to display **fixed**
  • Subtitles submenu position is not centred properly **no fix possible**
  • Submenu position is wrong on end items when clock is disabled
  • Codec info for PVR streams is missing extra information
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
1 quick mention about the skin using the larger font;
Could the space be a bit wider for the on play OSD with Sound/Video/Subtitles/Media Controls/Channels/ Now and Later/Timeline? For Dutch/German the subtitles part doesn't quiet fit; need to fit 1/2 more letter(s) there. Looking for the space in which it scrolls there looks to be some space left on both sides. For other parts I haven't been able to find any problems so far, it seems to be very isolated to that OSD.
(2015-03-16, 23:16)Woppie Wrote: 1 quick mention about the skin using the larger font;
Could the space be a bit wider for the on play OSD with Sound/Video/Subtitles/Media Controls/Channels/ Now and Later/Timeline? For Dutch/German the subtitles part doesn't quiet fit; need to fit 1/2 more letter(s) there. Looking for the space in which it scrolls there looks to be some space left on both sides. For other parts I haven't been able to find any problems so far, it seems to be very isolated to that OSD.
Unfortunately there are going to be a few places where the larger font doesn't fit - I can only really design the skin for one size, so the larger size will have some rough edges.

On git, I've increased the OSD label widths by 16 pixels which is the most I can do (that was the spacing width, so I removed that and added it to the button width). Not a whole lot more I can do really.
(2015-03-16, 23:38)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-03-16, 23:16)Woppie Wrote: 1 quick mention about the skin using the larger font;
Unfortunately there are going to be a few places where the larger font doesn't fit - I can only really design the skin for one size, so the larger size will have some rough edges.

On git, I've increased the OSD label widths by 16 pixels which is the most I can do (that was the spacing width, so I removed that and added it to the button width). Not a whole lot more I can do really.

Wow fast reaction Tongue
I think that's enough, I'll check it later for you.
Just uploaded this this as sample which I was about to add to my original post:

After the edits:

Solved it, though the submenus don't really align, don't know how high they scale for OCD Tongue I don't mind them to much though.
Another OCD issue; whenever you enter this OSD it goes to stop just right from the middle, maybe it can default to pauze (middle) instead?
I found bug. When I open custom windows I have wrong labels on my lcd (LCDProc addon and label $INFO[System.CurrentWindow]).
ex.
In window ID 3204 lcdproc shows label 13204: "Last loaded profile:"
In window ID 3201 lcdproc shows label 13201: "Delete profile '%s'?"
In window ID 3205 lcdproc shows label 13205: "Unknown"
I noticed that in other skins too (ex Xperience1080 and Eminence).
This is because Custom id for windows should be in the range 1100–1199 (this id's don't have labels in strings.po)
small bug. i was just trying to sign in to the youtube addon however the busy modal blocked the activation code. maybe it can be moved to the corner? i switched to confluence to log in but can log out and get a screenshot if you need.
(2015-03-16, 23:42)Woppie Wrote: Solved it, though the submenus don't really align, don't know how high they scale for OCD Tongue I don't mind them to much though.
Another OCD issue; whenever you enter this OSD it goes to stop just right from the middle, maybe it can default to pauze (middle) instead?
Yeah I know about the submenu, not much I can do -- to align the submenu properly the labels have to have center alignment. However, I had to left align the left side osd controls (and vice versa for right side) so that they would align properly with the seekbar -- I chose that over the submenu as I found that not being aligned worse. I just positioned the submenu so that it would atleast be centred for English

The pause thing I've been meaning to fix for a while, its just because stop is always available whereas pause sometimes is not (e.g. PVR that doesn't support pausing). EDIT: Fixed on git.

(2015-03-19, 22:51)D.K. Wrote: I found bug. When I open custom windows I have wrong labels on my lcd (LCDProc addon and label $INFO[System.CurrentWindow]).
ex.
In window ID 3204 lcdproc shows label 13204: "Last loaded profile:"
In window ID 3201 lcdproc shows label 13201: "Delete profile '%s'?"
In window ID 3205 lcdproc shows label 13205: "Unknown"
I noticed that in other skins too (ex Xperience1080 and Eminence).
This is because Custom id for windows should be in the range 1100–1199 (this id's don't have labels in strings.po)
Didn't know about the window id thing - thought 3000-4000 was the acceptable range, but looking through the window id docs I see you are right. I will fix it, but I can see some people are not going to be happy about having to reconfig.

EDIT: Should be fixed on git. Also used some skin shortcut action overrides which should prevent the need for reconfiguring main menu.

(2015-03-19, 23:27)furii Wrote: small bug. i was just trying to sign in to the youtube addon however the busy modal blocked the activation code. maybe it can be moved to the corner? i switched to confluence to log in but can log out and get a screenshot if you need.

This doesn't happen for me with youtube from the repo (5.0.9) - the Busy dialog loads, then the activate code comes up in the Progress dialog which has a higher z order than busy.
Perhaps a screen shot?
(2015-03-20, 01:29)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-03-19, 23:27)furii Wrote: small bug. i was just trying to sign in to the youtube addon however the busy modal blocked the activation code. maybe it can be moved to the corner? i switched to confluence to log in but can log out and get a screenshot if you need.

This doesn't happen for me with youtube from the repo (5.0.9) - the Busy dialog loads, then the activate code comes up in the Progress dialog which has a higher z order than busy.
Perhaps a screen shot?

this is with youtube 5.0.9 from the repo however mentioning that reminds me that i'm on the repo version of the skin (1.1.5). i seem to recall a z-order fix at some point so maybe it's been fixed already. looking at the changelog though the only z-order fix i see is from 0.9.2.
(2015-03-20, 03:24)furii Wrote: this is with youtube 5.0.9 from the repo however mentioning that reminds me that i'm on the repo version of the skin (1.1.5). i seem to recall a z-order fix at some point so maybe it's been fixed already. looking at the changelog though the only z-order fix i see is from 0.9.2.

Yeah the only changes to zorder were made prior to repo inclusion. The thing is that neither dialog has a specific zorder now, so the zorder they get is based upon the order they load. With youtube on my system, the busy indicator always loads first then the progress dialog. What I might have to do is hide the busy indicator when the progress dialog shows up because I cant think of a situation where the busy dialog should load whilst the progress dialog is still on screen.

Fixed on git.
(2015-03-20, 03:57)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-03-20, 03:24)furii Wrote: this is with youtube 5.0.9 from the repo however mentioning that reminds me that i'm on the repo version of the skin (1.1.5). i seem to recall a z-order fix at some point so maybe it's been fixed already. looking at the changelog though the only z-order fix i see is from 0.9.2.

Yeah the only changes to zorder were made prior to repo inclusion. The thing is that neither dialog has a specific zorder now, so the zorder they get is based upon the order they load. With youtube on my system, the busy indicator always loads first then the progress dialog. What I might have to do is hide the busy indicator when the progress dialog shows up because I cant think of a situation where the busy dialog should load whilst the progress dialog is still on screen.

Fixed on git.

cheers, thanks Smile
Hi, I just found small bug:
Not sure if it's left out on purpose, but with many skins including Eminence you get the 'Play Disc' option upon inserting a cd/dvd/blu-ray in the home menu with sub menu eject disc. Would be great to have Smile

This icon would suit the button: http://iconmonstr.com/disc-7-icon/
(2015-03-21, 21:06)D.K. Wrote: Hi, I just found small bug:
Should be fixed now on git Smile

(2015-03-21, 23:18)Woppie Wrote: Not sure if it's left out on purpose, but with many skins including Eminence you get the 'Play Disc' option upon inserting a cd/dvd/blu-ray in the home menu with sub menu eject disc. Would be great to have Smile

You can add a play disc option from Home Customisation menu > Choose Shortcut > Common Shortcuts > Play DVD
The PlayDVD common shortcut is pre-customised to only show when a disc is available to play... skinshortcuts script is clever like that Wink
Just noticed a new bug, unsure if it is arctic or something else...
I use classic widget with recommended(next unwatched) episodes, until a day ago it would update after I watched an episode. however it now doesn't update at all, the order of next available episodes also appears to be random. If I restart my device it does update, but still random.
So if I completed watching episode 12 of a show it normally would show episode 13 as the most left item in the widget. Now it still shows episode 12 and after a restart it does show 13, but it is somewhere on a random position.

I hope I explained it properly Wink
(2015-03-22, 12:13)Smobbo Wrote: Just noticed a new bug, unsure if it is arctic or something else...
I use classic widget with recommended(next unwatched) episodes, until a day ago it would update after I watched an episode. however it now doesn't update at all, the order of next available episodes also appears to be random. If I restart my device it does update, but still random.
So if I completed watching episode 12 of a show it normally would show episode 13 as the most left item in the widget. Now it still shows episode 12 and after a restart it does show 13, but it is somewhere on a random position.

I hope I explained it properly Wink
Wont be anything to do with the skin. Either something wrong on your end or bug with library data provider
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bug Reports3