passing width of auto-width label to other controls
Hi everyone,

This is my first Kodi forum post, so please go easy on me! Smile

I'm working on a small skin mod as part of a digital photo frame project. Right now I'm trying to create a control group with an image and a label control. The label control will display the Slideshow.Filename InfoLabel, and auto-width as needed. The image control is a background for the label, and so I want this to auto-width too as the label width changes.

My question is whether it's possible to pass the width of an auto-width label control, to the width of another control?

Hope that makes sense!

Cheers,
Matt
Unfortunately not, an auto-width button would do the trick but we're still waiting for someone to come along and add more auto-width controls.
Thanks Hitcher,

I see how an auto-width button would have worked for me.

Further down the line I intend to try and make the Filename label fade in and out a few seconds after each slide transition. That might not be possible either, but if it is I suppose there might be an opportunity then to get the label width/set the image width through scripting. The image control would change width whilst hidden, so that could end up looking okay. All pie-in-the-sky right now though, as I'm still very much learning what's possible.

Thanks again,
Matt

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
passing width of auto-width label to other controls0