• 6(current)
ACCEPTED: On-the-Fly Transcoding
(2015-10-26, 01:45)MrMC Wrote: tablet eh Smile you better forget about sw transcoding then. The cpus out there are much more powerful than a few years ago but they don't have ponies for what you ask.
Nah, they do it just fine. Search plex and Emby forums for "multiple transcodes"

I have three active external Kodi clients taking my full bitrate BD rips down to h264/aac at 1-3 Mbps with Emby which relies on ffmpeg for sw transcoding. Three at a time has never been a problem. Server runs an i7 ivy bridge
those are i7 class boxes, not tablets Smile

"the project really is to have a tablet capable of streaming all media sources from Kodi to any UPnP/DLNA source"
(2015-10-26, 04:42)MrMC Wrote: those are i7 class boxes, not tablets Smile

"the project really is to have a tablet capable of streaming all media sources from Kodi to any UPnP/DLNA source"
Got it, I was only reading what I wanted to see :-(
There is a way on todays arm boxes, these tend a rather nice hw video decoders AND hw video encoder for supporting cameras. Some clever coding to couple the two and presto, a hw video transcoder.
i thought that, only choice for now then is to do it in reverse.

Have a 'firestick' type dongle with kodi on it and create a 'remote' for it on the tablet and get the 2 to pair on power up
right so im loss now.

The original plan was to simply have kodi on a tablet and stream via a tv dongle

Having found this will not work due to the file types, we have looked at either transcoding or remuxing in real time. This is still an option although looking very doubtful now

Another option is to do it in reverse where kodi is installed on the dongle and we if we do an app to pair to 2 together, we can have the tablet controlling the dongle and have it streaming to the tablet. This will work fine s long as the dongle is permanently powered.

I want the most versatile option, how can i do this?

The world fucking sucks when a £25 tablet can be so diverse but a £2000 smart TV is stuck on only playing certain stuff
lol, that's why smart TVs are such a dumb choice. too limited in what they do despite what they offer Smile
(2015-10-26, 05:15)MrMC Wrote: There is a way on todays arm boxes, these tend a rather nice hw video decoders AND hw video encoder for supporting cameras. Some clever coding to couple the two and presto, a hw video transcoder.

Future video player will be able to render to an encoder instead of display and audio sink.
right I'm lost here now big time ;(

way i see it is I have these options

1) ship the tablet and just say certain file type will not work when streaming
2) have everything installed on a TV dongle, and have a Server/client remote installed between the two so you can control the via the tablet touch screen. Then set the tablet up as a source for a UPnP renderer on the player and have this player built so that I can easily select between DLNA/UPnP devices
or forget the 'tablet' concept and focus on a box that can act as a DLNA/UPnP server with transcoder ability. Oh wait, Emby and others already do that Smile
yeah thanks for you input lol

i think i can do the tablet idea with out too much fuss just mean a bit of coding

means a tablet with remote desktop on it controlling the dongle and then a external player built and having it as the default

This then player on tv by default or to tablet if its set up as a UPnP receiver

I think this is the way??
sure, sure Smile
haha come on stop fucking with me man, lol

Embys great for personal use, trying to find the best solutions for tablets for the masses
(2015-10-26, 19:04)69thelememt Wrote: haha come on stop fucking with me man, lol

Embys great for personal use, trying to find the best solutions for tablets for the masses

so basically you are trying to earn some money from this is what i understand?

From one of you first posts which i trached you were trying to use the Genesis crap plugin so for me you have not so good intentions
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
if you mean will i look to enter an alreay saturated market selling TV boxes or forms of kodi.......no

If you mean will i be creating a free and better version of BubbleUPnp for everyone to use.....yes

Will i be make a remote that can control an installation of kodi on a tablet or phone but mirror it like a remote desktop that is again free for everyone ........yes

just need some help, why is it some forum people want to strip you bare for hours rather than tking the 5 mins to offer input and bounce ideas for actual progress in all areas?
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ACCEPTED: On-the-Fly Transcoding1