• 5(current)
Release KodiDevKit: SublimeText3 plugin to support kodi skinning / scripting
Are you planning to add this to package manager for auto installs/updates anytime soon?
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
yes I will take a look at that, but I first want to get everything in a solid state. Still have lot to learn how to deal best with that API.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
You can add phil65's repository to package control. Then you can install the package and it will automatically update.
next one:
fuzzy search through all available translation labels + inserting it with $LOCALIZE[]:
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Wut? Awesome! That's really the best feature and it's working like a charm Thx mate!
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
Ok so I tired adding the git repo, which worked and I installed it.

I have settings:

Code:
{
    "kodi_path": "C:/XBMC/Helix/Kodi/language/English (Australia)/",
    "portable_mode": true
}

(created after using the command 'set Kodi language folder')

It will not open the log, it seems to be ignoring the portable setting:

Code:
reloading /C/Utilities/Sublime Text/Data/Packages/User/sublimekodi.sublime-settings
Unable to open /C/Users/XX/AppData/Roaming/kodi/kodi.log

(the log is actually at C:\XBMC\Helix\Kodi\portable_data\kodi.log of course)

Trying to reload language file:
Code:
SublimeKodi: kodi path: C:/XBMC/Helix/Kodi/language/English (Australia)/
SublimeKodi: use default language: English
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Utilities\Sublime Text\sublime_plugin.py", line 389, in on_window_command
    res = callback.on_window_command(window, name, args)
  File "sublimekodi in C:\Utilities\Sublime Text\Data\Installed Packages\SublimeKodi.sublime-package", line 36, in on_window_command
  File "sublimekodi in C:\Utilities\Sublime Text\Data\Installed Packages\SublimeKodi.sublime-package", line 132, in update_labels
AttributeError: 'SublimeKodi' object has no attribute 'builtin_id_list'

On a fresh startup (using Win64 portable build 3084) - I see errors actually:
Code:
SublimeKodi: kodi path: C:/XBMC/Helix/Kodi/language/
  File "C:\Utilities\Sublime Text\sublime_plugin.py", line 312, in on_activated_async
    callback.on_activated_async(v)
  File "sublimekodi in C:\Utilities\Sublime Text\Data\Installed Packages\SublimeKodi.sublime-package", line 65, in on_activated_async
  File "sublimekodi in C:\Utilities\Sublime Text\Data\Installed Packages\SublimeKodi.sublime-package", line 132, in update_labels

Obviously this is still very much in dev but I thought you might want some pointers to issues Smile

(For me I am looking for log highlighting (will this be done the standard syntax file way?) - and ideally completions and/or docs for xbmc python addon programming).
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
(NB - manually opening the log now gives me syntax highlighting, so ignore that bit!)
(2015-04-25, 07:45)bossanova808 Wrote: Ok so I tired adding the git repo, which worked and I installed it.

I have settings:

Code:
{
    "kodi_path": "C:/XBMC/Helix/Kodi/language/English (Australia)/",
    "portable_mode": true
}

(created after using the command 'set Kodi language folder')

It will not open the log, it seems to be ignoring the portable setting:

Code:
reloading /C/Utilities/Sublime Text/Data/Packages/User/sublimekodi.sublime-settings
Unable to open /C/Users/XX/AppData/Roaming/kodi/kodi.log

(the log is actually at C:\XBMC\Helix\Kodi\portable_data\kodi.log of course)

Trying to reload language file:
Code:
SublimeKodi: kodi path: C:/XBMC/Helix/Kodi/language/English (Australia)/
  File "C:\Utilities\Sublime Text\sublime_plugin.py", line 389, in on_window_command
    res = callback.on_window_command(window, name, args)
  File "sublimekodi in C:\Utilities\Sublime Text\Data\Installed Packages\SublimeKodi.sublime-package", line 36, in on_window_command

On a fresh startup (using Win64 portable build 3084) - I see errors actually:
Code:
SublimeKodi: kodi path: C:/XBMC/Helix/Kodi/language/
  File "C:\Utilities\Sublime Text\sublime_plugin.py", line 312, in on_activated_async
    callback.on_activated_async(v)
  File "sublimekodi in C:\Utilities\Sublime Text\Data\Installed Packages\SublimeKodi.sublime-package", line 65, in on_activated_async

Obviously this is still very much in dev but I thought you might want some pointers to issues Smile

(For me I am looking for log highlighting (will this be done the standard syntax file way?) - and ideally completions and/or docs for xbmc python addon programming).

Kodi_path should point to the kodi folder, not some language folder.
portable_mode setting is not used yet, so showing log from portable installs does not work yet.
when kodi is is non-portable mode everything should work fine.
log highlighting is done via .sublime-syntax file.
...and now "Open log" should work with portable, too.
Indeed it does.

(Note, I tried the actual kodi path there first, only added the language stuff when I noticed it said 'path to kodi language folder' or similar in the tip a the bottom when running the command - and I only tried the portable setting because it was there!).

Anyway, very nice work & thanks.
you´re right, I didnt choose the best suited label. Changed "Set Kodi folder for language file" to just "Set Kodi folder" now.
false positives for translations should be gone for most parts now. (bit tricky esp. for python, I now just check for some keywords in the same line, like "string", "label", "localize". I hope that´s good enough.)
some bigger change:
to really get some more advanced stuff with XML going I have to be able to use something better than the default XML libs because those are too limited. ( --> no sourceline attribute for XMLElements, no preserving of attribute order, only partly implemented XPath and also performance reasons)
What seems to be the best solution is lxml, which is a relatively powerful python XML lib implemented in C.
Since adding C libs in ST seems to be a PITA and I have no experience with embedding pre-compiled python libs for multiple platforms I would need some testing, esp. for 32 bit platforms. Anyone in that boat?
If yes, please try the lxml branch. You will get a new feature there, pressing shift+enter jumps to variable definition if focus is inside $VAR[] brackets. (requires that variables are placed inside a file named Variables.xml for now)
I expect Linux x64 and Windows x64 to work, for the rest I have no idea Smile

BTW: if all works out then you can expect some more fun features in the future. I would also probably tackle to merge the XMLConverter tool into this plugin then so that it is usable on all platforms.
...and if I got everything right then goto (shift+enter) will now work for all variables and includes when using lxml branch. Smile
since noone wants to test you will have to deal with the fallout. Pushed everything to master.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KodiDevKit: SublimeText3 plugin to support kodi skinning / scripting1