• 1(current)
Release Mimic 2.x for Isengard
Mimic 2.2.1 requires Kodi 15.1 or later due to the new text color customizer.

mim·ic
1. To imitate
Synonyms: resemble, look like, have the appearance of

watch gallery

Introduction

Users of this skin will quickly see the resemblance to two of my favorite skins, Aeon Nox and reFocus. Even as Mimic borrows from both of these skins, my hope is that it will develop into its own style over time. Many thanks to BigNoid for his work on Aeon Nox, on which this skin is based. I've used many of the available skins since discovering XBMC/Kodi, but always returned to one of the Nox variations for its feature set and clear navigation. Also thank you to Jeroen, creator of reFocus, whose clean design and attention to detail were an inspiration for this skin. Mimic also borrows some of the great views from reFocus such as Gallery and BigList. More recently, this skin now "mimics" features from Arctic Zephyr and its mods, fTV, and Phil65's skin.

Required Addons

These addons will automatically install when installing Mimic from the repository. Supported Addons
Frequently Asked Questions
  1. How do I activate Extended Info for movie/tv show cast members?
    Press down from the selected cast member in the video info dialog. I tried making it activate Extended Info when clicking the cast thumb, but never could get the list to scroll smoothly.
  2. Why don't the home widgets work with a mouse?
    The skin is designed for use with a remote or keyboard, mouse support is limited. For best results using a mouse or touch device, be sure to enable the skin setting to show the home widgets all the time. Skin Settings --> Home window --> Always show home widgets
  3. Why isn't rss text displayed when using the Feedreader screensaver?
    I've modified the skin for this addon to only display photos. One source of photo rss feeds is flickr. Try using the following rss link, replacing "yosemite" with your preferred keyword.
    Code:
    http://api.flickr.com/services/feeds/photos_public.gne?tags=yosemite
    You can also use your favorite flickr group. Just use the following code after updating the group's id, which you can find by pasting the group's url here: http://idgettr.com/
    Code:
    http://api.flickr.com/services/feeds/groups_pool.gne?id=52240205351@N01
    If you prefer the original Feedreader display, delete script-Feedreader-Main.xml from the skin's 1080i folder.
  4. Why are some of my random fanart backgrounds black, or why don't my thumbnails show up?
    This is likely caused by missing or corrupted images in your texture cache. I suggest using the Texture Cache Maintenance Utility to clean up and repair your cached textures. It is also useful for finding duplicate media in your library and updating IMDb ratings. I posted a guide to setting it up in Window 8.1.
Languages

Mimic is now on Transifex. Sign up to translate the skin strings into your preferred language.

https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/xbm...kin-mimic/

Download/Install

Mimic is now available in the Kodi repository. The source is available here: https://github.com/braz96/skin.mimic/tree/Isengard (master branch on github is for Kodi 16 Jarvis only)

If you would like to express your appreciation for this skin, please consider a donation to the XBMC Foundation. http://kodi.tv/contribute/donate/

I added a custom dialog based on Phil65's code in his skin that will let users select views from a list rather than cycle through all available views. Works fairly well with the exception of the musicvideo artist/album nodes in the music library. Please let me know if you find any issues.

Just added a bright blue color theme, in case anyone is tired of the desaturated default one.

The Live TV recording page displays the date of the recording but not the day which I prefer to have (some people may prefer it this way). I have made a small modification to the MyPVRRecordings.xml page to change this (actually I just realised I have modified v2.x skin so will have to make corresponding change on v1.x!). I have replaced the ListItem.Label2 with ListItem.StartDate which includes the day. I had to reduce the width of the recording name field a bit to allow for extra width of day/date field. It now displays like this:

Edit: Actually just changed my font back to Roboto and realised I may need to shrink the title field a little more ...

Elements I changed were:

Code:
<control type="label">
    <left>135</left>
    <top>0</top>
    <width>650</width>                           <!--was 960-->
    <height>120</height>
    <font>font30</font>
    <textcolor>grey</textcolor>
    <selectedcolor>selected</selectedcolor>
    <align>left</align>
    <aligny>center</aligny>
    <label>$INFO[ListItem.Label]</label>
</control>
<control type="label">
    <left>100</left>
    <width>960</width>
    <height>120</height>
    <font>font15</font>
    <align>right</align>
    <aligny>center</aligny>
    <label>$INFO[ListItem.StartDate]</label>          <!-- was ListItem.Label2 -->
(2015-03-22, 00:13)toii Wrote: The Live TV recording page displays the date of the recording but not the day which I prefer to have (some people may prefer it this way). I have made a small modification to the MyPVRRecordings.xml page to change this (actually I just realised I have modified v2.x skin so will have to make corresponding change on v1.x!). I have replaced the ListItem.Label2 with ListItem.StartDate which includes the day. I had to reduce the width of the recording name field a bit to allow for extra width of day/date field. It now displays like this:

Edit: Actually just changed my font back to Roboto and realised I may need to shrink the title field a little more ...

Elements I changed were:

Code:
<control type="label">
    <left>135</left>
    <top>0</top>
    <width>650</width>                           <!--was 960-->
    <height>120</height>
    <font>font30</font>
    <align>left</align>
    <aligny>center</aligny>
    <label>$INFO[ListItem.Label]</label>
</control>
<control type="label">
    <left>100</left>
    <width>960</width>
    <height>120</height>
    <font>font15</font>
    <align>right</align>
    <aligny>center</aligny>
    <label>$INFO[ListItem.StartDate]</label>          <!-- was ListItem.Label2 -->
Cool, I'll likely leave the date as-is though. Others have asked for the recorded time, I may try to add that if possible.
I wanted to test the picture addons view, so installed several addons from the repo. One of them was The Big Picture, which I've never used before. It's a very nice addon so I went ahead and skinned it to match the rest of the skin. Recommend setting aspect ratio to "scale" in the addon settings.

Decided to change the default color theme. The previous one is still available.

Skinned LazyTV's main window and context menu...available on git.

And here's the Big Screen view...

Added an IMDb Top 250 image that is visible whenever the Icon, Poster, or Shift views are sorted by Top 250. Also changed List view to display the Top 250 # rather than the studio logo when sorted by Top 250.

watch gallery
Working very well on RPI2. Like the mixture of Aeon and reFocus. Thx!
(2015-03-31, 23:27)handbone Wrote: Working very well on RPI2. Like the mixture of Aeon and reFocus. Thx!
Thanks! Let me know if you run into any issues with the 2.0 version, there have been quite a few changes since Helix.
(2015-03-31, 23:29)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2015-03-31, 23:27)handbone Wrote: Working very well on RPI2. Like the mixture of Aeon and reFocus. Thx!
Thanks! Let me know if you run into any issues with the 2.0 version, there have been quite a few changes since Helix.

None that I see (running latest nightly Openelec).

I really only use addons (like youtube) and movies/shows. But it seems all is well. And pretty smooth on the RPI2. Aeon not so much, and refocus has some lag (probably my side).

The only view I miss is the low list view (more like the one I made for refocus, rather then aeon)
(2015-04-02, 01:14)handbone Wrote:
(2015-03-31, 23:29)bryanbrazil Wrote:

None that I see (running latest nightly Openelec).

I really only use addons (like youtube) and movies/shows. But it seems all is well. And pretty smooth on the RPI2. Aeon not so much, and refocus has some lag (probably my side).

The only view I miss is the low list view (more like the one I made for refocus, rather then aeon)
Send me your lowlist xml and I'll see about adding it. Probably just for movies, TV shows, and seasons.
I'll see if I still have the code. But it was for Gotham. No problem though. If you feel like creating that type of view, I think it would look good, otherwise it feels good
(2015-04-02, 04:32)handbone Wrote: I'll see if I still have the code. But it was for Gotham. No problem though. If you feel like creating that type of view, I think it would look good, otherwise it feels good
Actually, I can just take the one from Aeon Nox 5.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mimic 2.x for Isengard3