• 4(current)
Release Mimic 2.x for Isengard
very impressed with development bryan, you've kept the skin looking very clean and simple whilst implementing some amazing features!

wondering if you can assist me here, just installed the latest Github push and I am constantly receiving a warning message every time I re-entering the home screen that says 'SKIN SHORTCUTS' - Unable to build menu - Upload a debug log to xbmclogs.com?

not got this message with any other skin, its constant, getting very annoying Sad

any ideas? thanks
(2015-04-24, 11:47)stueeey Wrote: very impressed with development bryan, you've kept the skin looking very clean and simple whilst implementing some amazing features!

wondering if you can assist me here, just installed the latest Github push and I am constantly receiving a warning message every time I re-entering the home screen that says 'SKIN SHORTCUTS' - Unable to build menu - Upload a debug log to xbmclogs.com?

not got this message with any other skin, its constant, getting very annoying Sad

any ideas? thanks
Are you using the latest version of skinshortcuts? And do the submenus still load when you get that warning? I made a bunch of changes to the menus, but I'm not getting any errors here. You will likely need to upload a debug log.
(2015-03-19, 03:44)braz Wrote: Just added a bright blue color theme, in case anyone is tired of the desaturated default one.

Bryan!!! Per my question in the thread I started, can I get this in Helix? This looks exactly like the color I was searching for!!! Smile
(2015-04-24, 16:33)braz Wrote:
(2015-04-24, 11:47)stueeey Wrote: very impressed with development bryan, you've kept the skin looking very clean and simple whilst implementing some amazing features!

any ideas? thanks
Are you using the latest version of skinshortcuts? And do the submenus still load when you get that warning? I made a bunch of changes to the menus, but I'm not getting any errors here. You will likely need to upload a debug log.

yes definitely latest version of Skin Shortcuts, yes all the sub menus have disappeared... I also noticed odd behaviour when creating/editing sub menus (within skin settings)... things don't appear here too. thanks for ur assistance.
(2015-04-25, 03:50)CaptainStereo Wrote:
(2015-03-19, 03:44)braz Wrote: Just added a bright blue color theme, in case anyone is tired of the desaturated default one.

Bryan!!! Per my question in the thread I started, can I get this in Helix? This looks exactly like the color I was searching for!!! Smile

That color xml is no longer in Mimic now that I've switched to a color chooser. It is in the 2.0.0 version though, see the following link:

https://github.com/bryanbrazil/skin.mimi.../Blue2.xml

Just save this file into your skin.mimic/colors folder and it should work fine in Helix.
(2015-04-25, 06:09)stueeey Wrote:
(2015-04-24, 16:33)braz Wrote:

any ideas? thanks

yes definitely latest version of Skin Shortcuts, yes all the sub menus have disappeared... I also noticed odd behaviour when creating/editing sub menus (within skin settings)... things don't appear here too. thanks for ur assistance.

Like I said, we're gonna need to see a debug log. I've made a bunch of changes in the display of the menus, but haven't changed any of the backend stuff. I'm not seeing any script errors on my system.
Big Grin Have had some issues with this version...when first starting the KODI app, the skin will not load, usually initiating a reboot works.

Thanks for the insanely hard work and incredible new features. I dare say, with some minor tweaks and adjustments, I can't understand why this wouldn't be the best default skin for KODI!

Bonus features I have always wanted: MORE COLOR CHOICES! VERTICAL OR HORIZONTAL! Incredible!

Nice, fresh & clean appearance, it behaves wonderfully and gets out of the way quickly. Other skins I have tried seem to want to dominate the media center, or rather "be" the media center... I don't want the "gingerbread" decorations, I just want a fast, slick, tidy skin with all of the bells and whistles. You sir, are a genius! The new additional listing choices are also very well done! Big Grin
(2015-04-26, 02:22)Dojoroda Wrote: Big Grin Have had some issues with this version...when first starting the KODI app, the skin will not load, usually initiating a reboot works.

Thanks for the insanely hard work and incredible new features. I dare say, with some minor tweaks and adjustments, I can't understand why this wouldn't be the best default skin for KODI!

Bonus features I have always wanted: MORE COLOR CHOICES! VERTICAL OR HORIZONTAL! Incredible!

Nice, fresh & clean appearance, it behaves wonderfully and gets out of the way quickly. Other skins I have tried seem to want to dominate the media center, or rather "be" the media center... I don't want the "gingerbread" decorations, I just want a fast, slick, tidy skin with all of the bells and whistles. You sir, are a genius! The new additional listing choices are also very well done! Big Grin

Thanks! Are you using 2.0.1 from the repo or the git version? If you're using the git version, be sure to download the latest updates. I recently fixed a previous commit that caused the home layout to not load in some situations.
braz,

I loaded the repo version, and had issues with selecting colors. I have to back and try again, it would not highlight the selection and was hard to navigate
(2015-04-26, 03:02)Edworld Wrote: braz,

I loaded the repo version, and had issues with selecting colors. I have to back and try again, it would not highlight the selection and was hard to navigate
Please describe the steps you took and what exactly didn't work. Just tested it and everything seems to work as intended on my system.

One thing I just remembered, if you switch to the Light theme and previously selected a background color, it won't look good until you've selected appropriate colors.
(2015-04-22, 07:24)braz Wrote: Continuing with the home layouts...

Added now playing info to the Top Menu layout posted earlier. Just added a new vertical menu and a dialog to select the desired home layout. No widgets for the vertical menu layout yet though, not sure how best to display them.

Bryan

mimic is really beautiful. Thank you for your dedication to it.

I have installed Isengard and downloaded mimic 2 from repo (2.0.1) and even used the latest version in Git... but I don't have these different view/menu options. What is wrong with what I did?

Any clue?

Thanks!
(2015-04-28, 20:59)francema Wrote:
(2015-04-22, 07:24)braz Wrote: Continuing with the home layouts...

Added now playing info to the Top Menu layout posted earlier. Just added a new vertical menu and a dialog to select the desired home layout. No widgets for the vertical menu layout yet though, not sure how best to display them.

Bryan

mimic is really beautiful. Thank you for your dedication to it.

I have installed Isengard and downloaded mimic 2 from repo (2.0.1) and even used the latest version in Git... but I don't have these different view/menu options. What is wrong with what I did?

Any clue?

Thanks!
Thanks! The new layouts are not in the repo version yet, you need to install from github. After that it's just a matter of selecting the layout in skin settings.

Are you sure you installed the latest git version (2.1.0)?
(2015-04-26, 03:09)braz Wrote:

Please describe the steps you took and what exactly didn't work. Just tested it and everything seems to work as intended on my system.

One thing I just remembered, if you switch to the Light theme and previously selected a background color, it won't look good until you've selected appropriate colors.

Here is what I'm doing, installed from Kodi repo 2.0.1:

settings\colors\enable color customizer.Once I select color customizer, I get the rhombus screen. From this point forward I can no longer see where the cursor is.
(2015-04-29, 04:04)Edworld Wrote:
(2015-04-26, 03:09)braz Wrote:

settings\colors\enable color customizer.Once I select color customizer, I get the rhombus screen. From this point forward I can no longer see where the cursor is.
Ah, you're using a mouse? I'll have to test that, I currently have mouse input turned off.
(2015-04-29, 04:06)braz Wrote:
(2015-04-29, 04:04)Edworld Wrote:
(2015-04-26, 03:09)braz Wrote: Please describe the steps you took and what exactly didn't work. Just tested it and everything seems to work as intended on my system.

Ah, you're using a mouse? I'll have to test that, I currently have mouse input turned off.

keyboard
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mimic 2.x for Isengard3