BBC1 HD and BBC2 HD Problems
I have a HTPC system with a TBS Dual Satellite tuner, I am also using MediaPortal as my backend, the only final problem I have with my setup is with regards to BBC 1 HD and BBC2 HD, sometimes they start pixelating and eventually freeze, not always but frequently enough.

I do not have this problem with a single other channel including BBC1 and BBC2 SD, the other HD channels STV, Channel 4 etc are also all fine.

Usually what happens is once the channel starts corrupting, I open the EPG change to say 4, then change back to BBC 1 HD and it might be fine for hours so really confused as to whats causing it, I'll try and get it to happen tonight and check the logs.

Anyone else had a similar problem?
Log uploaded, around 18:22 is when I switched from BBC1 HD to BBC2 HD and soon after the problems begin and the channel auto closed around 18:23.

Then at 18:29 I change to BBC 2 HD again and everything is fine.

http://xbmclogs.com/p387dfrid

Quick edit to this, forget what I said about BBC 1 HD, it appears to just be BBC 2 HD.
The log file does not show anything special besides
Code:
18:23:07 T:2756  NOTICE: AddOnLog: MediaPortal PVR Client: XBMC requested 32768 bytes, but the TSReader got only 19872l bytes in 2 seconds
18:23:09 T:2756  NOTICE: AddOnLog: MediaPortal PVR Client: XBMC requested 32768 bytes, but the TSReader got only 0l bytes in 2 seconds

This means that the addon is not able to read more data from the timeshift buffer file. The consequence is that XBMC/Kodi starts buffering and will stop the playback after a while.
Since your backend seems to be on the same PC, it is not network related, so I would check the TV Server log files for more clues.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
I have exactly the same issues, when I turn to BBC2 HD it will after a few minutes start pixelating then crash, if I stop it and choose the channel again it will work fine for hours.

I also have a TBS Dual Satellite Tuner, the 6982 and use media portal as my backend, also had the same log information as yourself but haven't checked any media portal logs yet.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
BBC1 HD and BBC2 HD Problems0