Android Android TV - Freebox Mini 4K
For me , Kodi lag enormously even in SD.

The native player does not work very well .. It works with almost no codecs.

MX player works well, but the sound is 2.0; even with the XDA codecs.

VLC, half the time , shows me freeze like this: Image

Here is where we are !
Tested again on latest nightly and I did noticed few things :

- video playback is still laggy
- video encoded without black bars (1920x816) are played with black bar filled with some video's frames.
- when all other players (VLC, Archos etc...) output 2.0 rather than the original 5.1 audio track, Kodi can do it well, my ears and my Yamaha power amplifier OSD confirm it ;-) : DTS 5.1
that is a good point.

Last (bad) news : a task have been opened on the Free 's bug tracker web site regarding Kodi playback issue but one of the Free's dev did closed it saying we should see it with kodi's team...

So I have asked for task to be open again and I don't know if they would accept or not...

http://dev.freebox.fr/bugs/task/16509
(2015-03-24, 16:46)Koying Wrote: Did some already tried VLC on this box?
We use a similar form of h/w acceleration, while MX and the internal player uses another.

(2015-03-31, 15:21)Koying Wrote: Unless a French dev pops up to look at the issue, you'll have to wait for the SoC to be implemented in boxes available internationally, I'm afraid.
In what ways a french dev can help you ?
(2015-04-04, 20:22)_-Sky-_ Wrote: In what ways a french dev can help you ?

Wait & see it is a new box Wink.
(2015-04-06, 13:00)dll2 Wrote:

And you did register just to post that? Rolleyes
(2015-04-06, 13:00)dll2 Wrote:

To be clear : we don't know yet the exact origin of the playback problem.
This might need firmware upgrade from provider (See the Android support page on wiki), changes in Kodi or other library used, or even something else.

And it seems that the provider is not trying to look at the issue (see the link in propergol post where the telco is replying to see with Kodi for this issue)...
just keep in mind that you are not alone, but i guess the goal is good, when speaking about thoses problems, somes are going to check this problem.
(2015-04-02, 00:26)kortez06 Wrote: For me , Kodi lag enormously even in SD.

The native player does not work very well .. It works with almost no codecs.

MX player works well, but the sound is 2.0; even with the XDA codecs.

VLC, half the time

There are still lots of improvements for further developments. None of the current options work seamlessly this time
An update to the system were made.
KODI now works well in 15.0 beta 1. passtrough AC3 and DTS works . However there is a problem with the black bars . Here is a video : http://youtu.be/E6XJpka81m4
With a video without black bars, such as a film PIXAR everything works.

An idea?
(2015-05-05, 03:15)kortez06 Wrote: An update to the system were made.
KODI now works well in 15.0 beta 1. passtrough AC3 and DTS works . However there is a problem with the black bars . Here is a video : http://youtu.be/E6XJpka81m4
With a video without black bars, such as a film PIXAR everything works.

An idea?

Same problem here with the black bars since I have installed the beta 1. The bug is not in the alpha 2 version.
Did you get the same problem with the current 14.2 ?
As a matter of fact, I've tried one more time yesterday and everything is ok : no more bug with the black bars, even with the beta 1.
Don't know what has changed but now Kodi rocks with Freebox mini 4K !
Well I've made some more tests and the bug is still there : it's a conflict between Kodi and others players (I tried with Archos and MX players), only HD files are concerned.
If I use an other player before Kodi, then I have problem with black bars using kodi player.
http://youtu.be/E6XJpka81m4

The only solution is to restart the freebox.

The bug is in 14.2 and 15.0 versions
Strange issue. Apparently, the box is rendering on another framebuffer, which peeks through on the non-painted, transparent, area, i.e the black bars.

We specifically have to make the rendering window transparent for devices which we actually expect to use fb1.

It looks like the other players (I assume the system player, really) misses some de-initialisation, so that would be a firmware bug, not something we can fix in a generic way on our side.

If some can/want to build Kodi, they can remove the transparent part in main.java.in
Maybe a firmware bug since the very last update (apparently the issue wasn't there before).
What a pity, the main issue is solve (Kodi now run smoothly with the freebox) except this.
Waiting for a new Free update,..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android TV - Freebox Mini 4K2