Release CBS Programs
(2016-09-21, 17:08)drdwridav Wrote: I have all my devices running krypton now. They run WCBS fine with the exception of Windows PC. I think it's the lack of an rtmp.inputstream in Windows, which is present on other devices. Anyone else confirm this? I can do s debug if it's just me!!!

Yes that's the problem. It affects a few other of my add-ons as well.
Yeah I'm only getting the last 5 shows of Life in Pieces and only in SD. Did I do something wrong? Or is that all that's available? Kinda a n00b - only my second day with Kodi.
(2016-11-30, 02:18)linksfiend Wrote: Yeah I'm only getting the last 5 shows of Life in Pieces and only in SD. Did I do something wrong? Or is that all that's available? Kinda a n00b - only my second day with Kodi.

That's what's available from the free CBS website.
The WCBS addon, version 3.0.4, does not run under Krypton Final or RC3 (Kodi 17).
I'm running LE 7.95.2 on a Raspberry PI.
Interestingly, the same addon works on another RPi running Kodi 16
Also the WNBC addon, version 3.0.8, works with no problem.

BTW, other users have experienced the same problem under Krypton.

kodi log
(2017-02-07, 04:03)jmooremcc Wrote: The WCBS addon, version 3.0.4, does not run under Krypton Final or RC3 (Kodi 17).

kodi log

On libreelec make sure you have the inputstream rtmp input add on installed and active.
(2017-02-07, 10:28)drdwridav Wrote:
(2017-02-07, 04:03)jmooremcc Wrote: The WCBS addon, version 3.0.4, does not run under Krypton Final or RC3 (Kodi 17).

kodi log

On libreelec make sure you have the inputstream rtmp input add on installed and active.
Thank you. Your suggestion resolved my problem,

Sent from my GT-P3113
Unfortunately there is no rtmp input Add-on for Krypton Windows.

RTMP support removed
The reason that the rtmp streams do not play is given here:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=304586

There may be a solution libreelec solution given here:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=305732
Hello: First, many thanks for this add-on. Wife loves it for B & B.

Having a problem with it, though, in Krypton on a Nexus 5X (not sure that matters), but I suspect it is actually a problem with the player. I've searched the forums and elsewhere, but don't see anyone else having this problem.

Episodes show up fine, but when they are clicked on to play, the wheel-in-a-wheel icon spins for a while, then stops and the player doesn't open. Player is set to the built-in default, and works in other add-ons. This seems to be the only add-on with the issue.

I didn't see any way to reset any settings... pretty stumped by this problem. She's getting her fix through (removed by Mod) for now, but... she really loves your add-on!

TIA!
Please read the posts prior to yours for info on your issue. Also do not post anything about banned, piracy add-ons in these support threads.
V3.0.5 Added support for platforms without RTMP support

PLEASE READ THIS AND PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT IS SAID:
Some platforms under Krypton DO NOT currently support RTMP. I have modified the add-on to allow playing of "newer" programs on these platforms.
CBS "classic" programs REQUIRE RTMP and WILL NOT PLAY on platforms which do not have RTMP support.
A 5 second notification message "Using RTMP" will show for those programs which require RTMP. If these videos do not play, it means that you do not have RTMP. Do not ask how to fix that here in the CBS Programs support thread, it is not a function of the add-on.

There is a strong possibility that geo-blocking will occur on the "newer" shows with the method I have used. DO NOT ask how to go around the geo-blocking in this support thread, it is not a function of the add-on.
Just to give folks an update using the 2nd Gen Amazon Fire TV Stick.

Thanks learningit for this amazing Add-On.

It seems this addon works great in SPMC 16 Jarvis (Kodi for Android).

Though if you are using Kodi 17 Krypton then the video will refuse to play.

It does however work in Windows with Kodi 17 just not my Fire TV Stick.

Not a big deal for me though wanted to give advice to anybody else not noticing Kodi 17 vs 16.

This sure beats being forced to watch The Late Show with Stephen Colbert on the PC because CBS seems to demand All Access just to watch an entirely free show otherwise on the Fire Stick.

So frustrating when companies demand payment for the exact same episodes if a STB vs PC.
(2017-02-11, 21:47)RedPenguin Wrote: Just to give folks an update using the 2nd Gen Amazon Fire TV Stick.

Though if you are using Kodi 17 Krypton then the video will refuse to play.

It does however work in Windows with Kodi 17 just not my Fire TV Stick.

Not a big deal for me though wanted to give advice to anybody else not noticing Kodi 17 vs 16.

Are you running V3.0.5? It will work on Android for anything other than classic programs - at least it does for me and should for you as well.
I have it running on a Gen 1 Fire TV stick, Gen 2 AFTV and a Amazon HD8 tablet.
There maybe some geo-locking issues for folks outside the US.
It looks like my Fire TV Stick was stuck at 3.0.4 at first but after reopening it, it's now 3.0.5 and working great.
Works fine now on Windows Krypton Final.

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CBS Programs1