Music XML Nodes
A nice PR has just popped up allowing Music XML nodes, thanks to some work from mkortstiege.

Feel free to report any issues or ideas in this thread.

Test windows build here:

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/win32...db_xml.exe

Example of a custom music node

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<node order="6" type="filter">
<label>Test Node</label>
<content>artists</content>
<match>all</match>
<limit>20</limit>
<rule field="artist" operator="contains"><value>Faithless</value></rule>
</node>

This is a smart playlist to show all artists called Faithless, limited to 20 items

You can find the default nodes in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\library\music

It should work the same as video nodes

http://kodi.wiki/view/Video_nodes

Any comments on this new feature?
how can i get this to point to a custom field within an mp3 file and have it listed with the other nodes. Example: Albums, Artists, Genres, Producer, DJ, ....ETC.
For the available fields to build a Smartplaylist see Smart_playlists#Fields (wiki)
This could be very nice if it could could be use to add a seperate music node for Karaoke.

Question though is if Kodi then could filter to only show those with lyrics attachments, formats, etc.?

Today the library only supports KAR files and doesn't store info about ex. CDG in the music database.

Read comments from thetazzbot here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=210983
Potentially you can exlude paths now so yes it would work for Karaoke no problems. Just put your Karaoke files in a seperate folder.

I've not tested this, but its what I do for my top IMDB 250 movies.

Oh and the Pull Request for this feature has been updated to have nodes for top 100 albums, tracks, and music videos now.

Lots of new possibilities!!
Is there a way to have Kodi point to the custom fields in my mp3 files and have them listed along with the other nodes?
I checked the wiki and Producers along with djs are not on the fields list. Is there a way to add them?
Don't think you can use custom fields no, only fields available to smart playlists as shown in the wiki link above.
Is there a reason why you still use hardcoded paths instead of direct content like for video xml library?
For example why you use
Code:
<node order="1" type="folder" visible="Library.HasContent(Music)">
  <label>135</label>
  <icon>DefaultMusicGenres.png</icon>
  <path>musicdb://genres/</path>
</node>

and not

Code:
<node order="1" type="folder" visible="Library.HasContent(Music)">
  <label>135</label>
  <icon>DefaultMusicGenres.png</icon>
  <content>artists</content>
  <group>genres</group>
</node>

or

Code:
<node order="3" type="folder" visible="Library.HasContent(Music)">
  <label>132</label>
  <icon>DefaultMusicAlbums.png</icon>
  <path>musicdb://albums/</path>
</node>

and not

Code:
<node order="3" type="folder" visible="Library.HasContent(Music)">
  <label>132</label>
  <icon>DefaultMusicAlbums.png</icon>
  <content>albums/</content>
</node>
Would like to make a request for Kodi to also point to custom fields within mp3 files then able to list them as other nodes.
Ex:
Genres
Artist
Albums
Producer**
DJ**
Single
Publisher**
(2015-03-25, 13:56)KingJudah Wrote: Would like to make a request for Kodi to also point to custom fields within mp3 files then able to list them as other nodes.
Ex:
Genres
Artist
Albums
Producer**
DJ**
Single
Publisher**

Genres, artist and albums should already be available. For singles there's a different pr that might add that.
(2015-03-25, 03:24)phate89 Wrote: Is there a reason why you still use hardcoded paths instead of direct content like for video xml library?

From what I gather this is just a steeping stone to Music/Video feature alignment.

If you have a moment @mkortstiege then could you answer?
(2015-03-25, 14:07)phate89 Wrote:
(2015-03-25, 13:56)KingJudah Wrote: Would like to make a request for Kodi to also point to custom fields within mp3 files then able to list them as other nodes.
Ex:
Genres
Artist
Albums
Producer**
DJ**
Single
Publisher**

Genres, artist and albums should already be available. For singles there's a different pr that might add that.
Yes i am aware of that. The fields/nodes with stars are the custom fields i have in within my mp3 files that i would like to be listed and browsed in kodi
(2015-03-25, 14:20)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2015-03-25, 03:24)phate89 Wrote: Is there a reason why you still use hardcoded paths instead of direct content like for video xml library?

From what I gather this is just a steeping stone to Music/Video feature alignment.

If you have a moment @mkortstiege then could you answer?

Right. I just moved what's there. There's no other reason. Would have to test the others and see if the view state and navigation is still working as intended.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Quick FYI. It's now using filters, as suggested by phate, where possible.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Thanks.
If I'm not wrong it's also possible with top 100 songs:
Code:
<node order="1" type="filter" visible="Library.HasContent(Music)">
  <label>10504</label>
  <icon>DefaultMusicTop100Songs.png</icon>
  <content>songs</content>
  <match>all</match>
  <rule field="playcount" operator="greaterthan">
    <value>0</value>
  </rule>
  <limit>100</limit>
  <order direction="descending">playcount</order>
</node>

and top 100 albums:
Code:
<node order="2" type="filter" visible="Library.HasContent(Music)">
  <label>10505</label>
  <icon>DefaultMusicTop100Albums.png</icon>
  <content>albums</content>
  <match>all</match>
  <rule field="playcount" operator="greaterthan">
    <value>0</value>
  </rule>
  <limit>100</limit>
  <order direction="descending">playcount</order>
</node>

Also if we drop recentlyaddeditems option in advancedsettings.xml (it's impossible to use a setting as a value for a smart playlist right?) we could remove also musicdb://recentlyaddedalbums/ and let the users configure it from xml tags instead of advancedsettings. But I'm not sure it's an improvement (and it's valid also for video xml library)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music XML Nodes1