"Watched" status gone with latest version on github
Downloaded the latest version from github.

It seems the "watched" status is gone with this update. Enabling/disabling it within the skin settings does not help. Changing status via the context menu (keymap C) does not help either.
(2015-03-23, 15:29)tenzion Wrote: Downloaded the latest version from github.

It seems the "watched" status is gone with this update. Enabling/disabling it within the skin settings does not help. Changing status via the context menu (keymap C) does not help either.
tenzion,

sorry for the late reply Real Life and a side project have been keeping me very busy. I will go take a look at this, but as I have not touched the watched status code lately I don't think the problem is with the skin. First of all please go read this post as it will help us with further issues in the future.

So now that you have read the post (you did read the post didn't you?) there are a couple of things that I might be able to help with this. First, like the iDevices, this skin uses the convention, No blue circle is watched, half a blue circle is partially watched and a full blue circle is unwatched.

Next I have no idea what platform you are using and what version of Kodi you are using (maybe telling me that would be a good first step), but I seem to remember that there was an issue in Kodi where the watched status was not being shown correctly for a number of Kodi builds (I'm pretty sure has now been fixed). I am currently running Kodi Helix 14.2rc1 on windows 7 64 bit and it is working correctly in "List" view. Skin is currently coded to work under Kodi Helix 14.x (but in theory should work fine under Isenguard 15.x). If you are running 15.x maybe you are running a build where the watched status had a bug, check that it is working correctly under Confluence, and if not maybe you need to change your build..

And finally, what view type are you seeing the problem with (all of them or just one particular type)? Please report back here with the results of the previous requests and or resolution of the problem so that I can direct my attention to exactly where the problem may be.

Wyrm (AppTV)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
I have the same problem with the github-version (1.02) on an Amazon Fire TV with SPMC 14.1.
I discovered that everytime I go into the skin-settings and leave it (with or without changing anything) the "watched" status is gone except for "partly watched".
If I quit SPMC and restart it, all "watched" status is displayed correct.
Hope that helps.

Btw: I'm very impressed by this skin. Great work! Thank you!
Hi,

I've edited this post as I reported problems with the watch status on AppTV 1.0.1/Kodi 14.2/Android 4.4 but in the end it was me not setting the settings right. Confused

If anyone is interested it's System > Settings > Appearance > Skin > Settings > General.

However a problem with the new AppTV 1.1.0/Kodi 14.2/Android 4.4 which is preview thumbnails and background graphics are often missing and often menu items are blank as well, although if you know the controls and remember the screen layout you can still navigate. When I get time to get a proper debug log (tonight or tomorrow night?) I'll open a new thread and post the log to pastebin.

Cheers.
(2015-07-21, 13:39)Anonnymouse Wrote: Hi,

I've edited this post as I reported problems with the watch status on AppTV 1.0.1/Kodi 14.2/Android 4.4 but in the end it was me not setting the settings right. Confused

If anyone is interested it's System > Settings > Appearance > Skin > Settings > General.
Not as of version 1.1.0. I now just show the watched overlays as too many people did not realise that there was a setting for this. The other thing that most people who were not educated in the "Apple" way is that No icon means you have watched the video, half means half watched (in progress) and a full dot icon means new (unwatched).

Quote:However a problem with the new AppTV 1.1.0/Kodi 14.2/Android 4.4 which is preview thumbnails and background graphics are often missing and often menu items are blank as well, although if you know the controls and remember the screen layout you can still navigate. When I get time to get a proper debug log (tonight or tomorrow night?) I'll open a new thread and post the log to pastebin.

Cheers.
I'm not entirely sure this is a skin problem as I have seen this issue listed in other parts of the forum for other skins. Just the same please post a debug log and screen grabs to show the problem and I will take a look to make sure it's nothing caused by this skin. I did find a small problem with a missing fallback image in the video wrap view that I have fixed in my current development builds (1.2.0) for Isengard. The issue you posted in an earlier edit of your message about HD flags, version 1.0.1 only had HD flags as I snuck support for that into the earlier version of the skin. As of version 1.1.0, I now support SD, HD, 4K and 3D flags in a couple of the views. I will look to expand the number of views that this appears in for 1.2.0, but this release is hopefully only going to be a small update for Isengard support plus the usual bug fixes and a couple of extended features. To those using the dev release from the Github, have you noticed my little surprise in video List view yet?

Wyrm (AppTV)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

Thanks for version 1.1.0. Just installed Kodi 15.0 and AppTV 1.1.0 on my Fire TV Stick. I have come from xTV-SAF on an old Apple TV. The first thing I noticed is that I'm so glad you kept the vertical option! My only issue w/ the Watched status is that I don't see a blue dot beside the TV Show names that do have un-watched shows in them. Does that have something to do with Kodi or the skin? When I go into the TV show folder, I do see some shows with no dots (I've watched) and some with dots/partial dots that I've not watched or partially watched.

Thanks again for your work on this!
Brian
(2015-07-23, 04:27)bubbanc Wrote: Thanks for version 1.1.0. Just installed Kodi 15.0 and AppTV 1.1.0 on my Fire TV Stick. I have come from xTV-SAF on an old Apple TV. The first thing I noticed is that I'm so glad you kept the vertical option! My only issue w/ the Watched status is that I don't see a blue dot beside the TV Show names that do have un-watched shows in them. Does that have something to do with Kodi or the skin? When I go into the TV show folder, I do see some shows with no dots (I've watched) and some with dots/partial dots that I've not watched or partially watched.

Thanks again for your work on this!
Brian
Brian,

When I first read this message I thought the obvious answer was that it was Kodi's doing. But on a second reading it occurred to me what you were asking was why did you not see a partially watched icon at the TV Show level and I guess because I did not code for that. I will take a look and see if I can't add this to 1.2.0. I was hoping that I could expand on how unmatched videos are shown by the skin (think the red dot with a number that iOS shows for unread messages etc), but as Isengard has been released I would like to get an update out soon. Might have to wait for a later release on this.

Wyrm (AppTV)

Brian, just pushed an update to my Github to allow watched overlays in TV Shows and Seasons. Will be available in main repo when I release v1.2.0.

Wyrm

As always, you are a machine! I'll give it a whirl. Thanks again for your support. I was dreading moving from xTV to AppTV, but it's been seamless thanks to you.

UPDATE: I manually patched the 3 lines from the diff and applied them to my Fire Stick. I can report they are working great!

https://github.com/wyrm65/skin.apptv/com...8915381782

Thanks again.
(2015-07-21, 18:18)wyrm Wrote: Not as of version 1.1.0. I now just show the watched overlays as too many people did not realise that there was a setting for this.

Including me... Big Grin

Quote:I'm not entirely sure this is a skin problem as I have seen this issue listed in other parts of the forum for other skins. Just the same please post a debug log and screen grabs to show the problem and I will take a look to make sure it's nothing caused by this skin. I did find a small problem with a missing fallback image in the video wrap view that I have fixed in my current development builds (1.2.0) for Isengard.

I've tried to reproduce over the past week or so it but I can't. Originally it happened when AppTV updated to 1.1.0. I changed the skin to Confluence and it worked okay so I assumed it was a problem with AppTV and rolled back to 1.0.1.

A few weeks later I ran Kodi on my desktop, AppTV updated, and it worked without problems so after seeing the changes I was inspired to try and update it on my Android TV box again and the second update to 1.1.0 has worked without any problems since then. Maybe there was a dependency on a specific version of a plugin that was causing problems or maybe the box was running out of memory and needed rebooting (not unheard of).

Quote:The issue you posted in an earlier edit of your message about HD flags, version 1.0.1 only had HD flags as I snuck support for that into the earlier version of the skin. As of version 1.1.0, I now support SD, HD, 4K and 3D flags in a couple of the views. I will look to expand the number of views that this appears in for 1.2.0, but this release is hopefully only going to be a small update for Isengard support plus the usual bug fixes and a couple of extended features. To those using the dev release from the Github, have you noticed my little surprise in video List view yet?

I thought you'd missed that, afterwards I worked out the difference between how 1.0.1 and 1.1.0 handle resolution flags and I didn't want to waste your time.

(My personal preference only, but I'd prefer it if instead of an SD flag there was a blank space - it seems to me to be clearer if the objective is to show if the video is a HD/3D video or not. Otherwise there is a column of flags all the way down the list.)

Cheers and thanks for the effort your putting in on maintaining this project.
(2015-07-31, 22:23)Anonnymouse Wrote: I thought you'd missed that, afterwards I worked out the difference between how 1.0.1 and 1.1.0 handle resolution flags and I didn't want to waste your time.

(My personal preference only, but I'd prefer it if instead of an SD flag there was a blank space - it seems to me to be clearer if the objective is to show if the video is a HD/3D video or not. Otherwise there is a column of flags all the way down the list.)

Cheers and thanks for the effort your putting in on maintaining this project.
Guy's just a small request here. If your message moves away from the original subject of the thread, could we please just start another thread with a new title. Using the original title for a problem when your problem does not relate to the original issue make it too hard to keep track of what I have fixed and what needs fixing. Don't worry, no one will bite you for staring a new thread.

Now just for the sake of finishing things up here. This feature has kind of grown as I have worked on the video views and so I have included everything, but I think I will leave this as it is now as I have encountered TVShow episodes in my library where the resolution (and thus the flags I show) has not been set. That is until I have either played the video or taken a look at its video info page, i don't see any flag for the file. So yes, if Kodi does not know exactly what the file is, there maybe cases where the SD flag is not shown. In that case the flag is still kind of useful as it shows the user if there is nothing showing for a flag that Kodi has an incomplete library database entry for the video.

If this is not to your liking, you can edit the Includes_Variables.xml file to remove the <value> line from the skin variable that I use to display the correct flag. Just do a search for SD.png in this file should show you the required line to remove.

Wyrm (AppTV)

Oh, BTW. Like most programmers I can be a little bit OCD about certain things. In my case it's "Bug's". And while I accept (rather grudgingly I admit) that there is no such thing as bug free software, there is nothing guarnteed to get me cranky faster than me finding silly bugs lurking in my code that no one has reported. PLEASE report anything you see that you think is a bit hinky. My remaining hair will thank you.

Wyrm, after a month or so of my wife using AppTV with the Watched/Unwatched dots as you configured them back in July (https://github.com/wyrm65/skin.apptv/com...8915381782), she made a good point to me. When looking at the TV show list, you only see items with partially watched, even if there's a completely unwatched show in it. Because of this, I've changed your code to do this:

Code:
<value condition="ListItem.IsResumable">OverlayPartialyWatched.png</value>
                <value condition="SubString(ListItem.Overlay,OverlayWatched,Left)">OverlayWatched.png</value>                                                      
                <value condition="[Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(seasons)] + !SubString(ListItem.Icon,DefaultFolderBack.png,Left) + IntegerGreaterThan(ListItem.Pr
                <value condition="[Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(seasons)] + IntegerGreaterThan(ListItem.Property(UnWatchedEpisodes),0)">OverlayWatched.png</value
                <value condition="!ListItem.IsFolder">OverlayUnwatched.png</value>                                                                                    
                <value>OverlayWatched.png</value>

This means that if there is at least 1 unwatched episode of a TV Show, then the Unwatched image will show. I believe this mimics the behavior of xTV-SAF. What are your thoughts on adjusting this in your version? If you wanted to continue to use the PartiallyWatched image for TV Shows with partially watched shows but no unwatched, that'd be fine too, but I couldn't figure out how to get the count of partially watched shows.

Thanks again!
(2015-09-01, 03:58)bubbanc Wrote: Wyrm, after a month or so of my wife using AppTV with the Watched/Unwatched dots as you configured them back in July (https://github.com/wyrm65/skin.apptv/com...8915381782), she made a good point to me. When looking at the TV show list, you only see items with partially watched, even if there's a completely unwatched show in it. Because of this, I've changed your code to do this:

Code:
<value condition="ListItem.IsResumable">OverlayPartialyWatched.png</value>
                <value condition="SubString(ListItem.Overlay,OverlayWatched,Left)">OverlayWatched.png</value>                                                      
                <value condition="[Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(seasons)] + !SubString(ListItem.Icon,DefaultFolderBack.png,Left) + IntegerGreaterThan(ListItem.Pr
                <value condition="[Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(seasons)] + IntegerGreaterThan(ListItem.Property(UnWatchedEpisodes),0)">OverlayWatched.png</value
                <value condition="!ListItem.IsFolder">OverlayUnwatched.png</value>                                                                                    
                <value>OverlayWatched.png</value>

This means that if there is at least 1 unwatched episode of a TV Show, then the Unwatched image will show. I believe this mimics the behavior of xTV-SAF. What are your thoughts on adjusting this in your version? If you wanted to continue to use the PartiallyWatched image for TV Shows with partially watched shows but no unwatched, that'd be fine too, but I couldn't figure out how to get the count of partially watched shows.

Thanks again!
bubbanc,

Sorry about delay on answer but I managed to break myself earlier in the week and this is the first chance I have had to do something about this.

Now maybe this is my Y chromosome talking but I think what I have coded makes more sense. If I have watched the entire season for example I should not see any icon (watched), but unless I have not watched any episodes from the season, I have watched part of the season (partially watched). Thus what I have coded makes sense at the TVShow and season levels. I guess you are looking at the episode level and I am looking at things at the TVShow/season level.

BTW, your posted code appears to be missing something. Have another try posting your code so that anyone that does not agree with my reasoning can modify their code.

Cheers
Wyrm (AppTV)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Watched" status gone with latest version on github0