[XBOX] Custom output resolutions on the Xbox (like for example 1024 x 576)?
the encoder supports a whole range of inputs, and the gpu can output another range of stuff. but since the xbox is intended for tv's, they've limited the xdk to normal tv rezes. it's not impossible that one could get around them by not using the xdk to init the display, but doing it the same way as oxdk does. but it'd require way more time and effort than it would be worth.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

spiff, if you look at the url I wrote earlier, you can see that other modes are possible than you provide. If Xbox linux can do it, so should XBMC be able to I guess.

elupus, don't know about time and effort since I do not know programming for the Xbox. However I'm sure alot of people will find this useful and even more as time goes by (people buying new displays and notice the same blur as me).
Maybe a donation program like the one for the DVD menu will help Wink A poll revealing what native resolution peoples displays have, would also give an indication of how many would benefit from this development. Ofcourse only people with VGA input should participate.

Please give this another thought Wink
I won't as I don't have the skill needed ( reverseenginering xdk ), nor am i completly sure it is possible since xdk uses way more features of the gpu than what oxdk.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

I found the reason for my blur. I had the sharpness setting way to low. This causes blur. Calibrated with both Avia and DVE (actually just set it to neutral position), so now I have crisp text (or atleast what can be expected with 720->768 upscaling)

Still think the 1360x768/1024x768 output would be great if possible one day Wink
Are you sure it's an issue with XBMC and not the tv ? I have my xbox running on a 46" 1366x768 through plain old vga , It looked a little shocking , the colours where way too saturated and bright and the text was blurry aroudn the edges untill i turned off some of the TV's "image enhancing features " , now it scales wonderfully and the menu's have never been clearer.

How close are you sitting to your TV and are you running any of your tv's enhancements ?

If you have a decent tv hopefully it will let you set it's calibration settings per input , that is what i had to do eventually and now i couldn't be happier with my picture from the xbox and everything else is not effected eighter.

Intrested to try out one of the HD av packs for the xbox though anyone have any feedback to give ?
Nice way to drag up a 1 year old no post topic
My Plasma is not a real HD TV, but it gives a nice picture.
I noticed that it has a strange native resolution (1024 x 1080i) which makes the characters a bit thin in 1280 x 720.

Can XBMC run its interface in 1024 x 576?
all depends on which platform you're on about.

on linux, win32, osx; yes. on xbox; no
It's XBOX.. (I wanted to edit the thread-subject afterwards, but I can't)

Is it an XBMC-limitation or the XBOX?
According to a PDF I have of my TV it only supports 720 x 576 and not 1024 x 576. I'm now running it in 1280 x 720, but I'm sure things would look better in 1024x576 if it would be possible...

Well, too bad.
Thanks for the info
xbox supports only tv standards, i.e.

pal (720x576), ntsc (720x480), 720p, 1080i
Actually the different version of Xbox chips support other resolutions ,so I guess some support could be implemented if you are using VGA. Component does not support these...

http://www.xbox-linux.org/wiki/Xbox_VGA_HOWTO
linux != xdk
didn't say that... the hardware can do what the hardware can. it's just a matter of initializing the graphics mode. if not possible via xdk, then there surely must be something useful in the xboxlinux source Smile
I have my Xbox hooked up to a VGA monitor by means of a component cable and a component-VGA transcoder. The VGA monitor is a 4:3 set, so for obvious reasons my options as to HD are a bit limiting: stretch one of the 16:9 resolutions vertically to 4:3, or live with the dead scan bars on the top and bottom.

Is there any way that XBMC can run the Xbox's graphics chip at some 4:3 resolution higher than 480p, like 1024x768 or 1280x960? I've already tried adding a custom resolution to guisettings.xml, using the same conventions as with the others, then setting it to use the new resolution ID; all this does is make XBMC revert to "Auto" which throws the Xbox into 1080i.
Don_HH2K Wrote:Are custom resolutions possible?
No, not supported by the Xbox BIOS and Microsoft XDK (Xbox Software Development Kit).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBOX] Custom output resolutions on the Xbox (like for example 1024 x 576)?0