Solved iTunes 12 on Yosmite won't connect to Kodi Airplay
When I try use Kodi as the Airplay Speaker in iTunes is says connecting for quite a few seconds and then finally I get the error message "The AirPlay device “Kodi (OpenELEC)” is not compatible with this version of iTunes.". This is what the error box looks like:

I am running ...

Computer:

Mac OSX 10.10.2
Itunes 12.1.0.50

Kodi box:

Kodi 14.2-RC1
OpenElec 5.0.6
Raspberry Pi2
Connected via 802.11n Wifi to the same AP as my computer and ipad.

My ipad also does not seem able to stream iTunes music to Kodi over Airplay. It does not give an error, just does not play then switches back to local playback.

Does anyone have any ideas what is going on?

Edit: I have tried restarting Kodi/rpi2, restarted my wifi access point and restarted itunes and my ipad. I tried Airplay in Kodi with and without IO8 compatibility. None of this helped.
debug log (wiki) from the openelec box - enable the airtunes debugging beforehand (in settings->system->debugging->components)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Here is my log:

http://pastebin.com/FbRSunPY

During that log session, I tried playing to airtunes a few times. Nothing airtunes related appears to be in the log. Very strange! Any ideas?

(I had debugging on, and I had verbose airplay logging enabled)
I need the full log - including the startup phase and such. Yours is cut which makes it useless to me sadly.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
@Memphiz, oh sorry. I did a reboot and now its logging all the airplay stuff. Here is the full log file (which includes a couple of attempts to connect to Airplay from itunes near the end):

http://pastebin.com/rGQ2np36

In case you are interested, this is what I can see in itunes (during the connection, and in the "airplay" device list):

Thanks for looking into all this for me Smile
Just for info....

I have virtually the same setup as the OP, only difference is I'm running OpenElec 5.0.5 on my RPi2.

In Kodi > Settings > Services > iOS 8 Compatibility Mode > Enabled
- Password protection disabled

Everything is working as normal. Maybe downgrade to OE 5.0.5

(2015-03-26, 06:04)wrxtasy Wrote: Just for info....

I have virtually the same setup as the OP, only difference is I'm running OpenElec 5.0.5 on my RPi2.

In Kodi > Settings > Services > iOS 8 Compatibility Mode > Enabled
- Password protection disabled

Everything is working as normal. Maybe downgrade to OE 5.0.5

Thanks for the suggestion. I just tried downgrading but it has not fixed the problem.
The only other things I can think of are:

1) I've configured Static IP's for the RPI in my Airport Extreme
2) The Kodi Webserver is enabled in Settings > Services which also enables Zeroconf
2) In OSX System Prefs > Network > Wii-Fi or Ethernet > Advanced > TCP/IP > Configure IPV6 > Off

IPV6 has been Off on my Mac as it used to cause problems with Airplay with my Mac -> Crystalbuntu /ATV1 setup.
Details of how to turn IPV6 off here:

http://osxdaily.com/2014/04/18/disable-ipv6-mac-os-x/

(2015-03-26, 12:30)wrxtasy Wrote: The only other things I can think of are:

1) I've configured Static IP's for the RPI in my Airport Extreme
2) The Kodi Webserver is enabled in Settings > Services which also enables Zeroconf
2) In OSX System Prefs > Network > Wii-Fi or Ethernet > Advanced > TCP/IP > Configure IPV6 > Off

IPV6 has been Off on my Mac as it used to cause problems with Airplay with my Mac -> Crystalbuntu /ATV1 setup.
Details of how to turn IPV6 off here:

http://osxdaily.com/2014/04/18/disable-ipv6-mac-os-x/

Thanks for the suggestions. I have duplicated your setup (other than the Airport Extreme which I don't have, but set to static in my wifi access point) and still no luck Sad
Process of Elimination time. Have you tried a direct Ethernet connection RPi to router ?

(2015-03-26, 13:02)wrxtasy Wrote: Process of Elimination time. Have you tried a direct Ethernet connection RPi to router ?

Tried it, still not working.
(2015-03-25, 11:27)Memphiz Wrote: I need the full log - including the startup phase and such. Yours is cut which makes it useless to me sadly.

Did you see anything in the full logs I posted that might point to what the problem is?
Nope - what network components are involved in your setup?
Just rpi ---wifi---> wireless router <----wifi----- macbook

802.11n all the way.

Upgraded to Openelec 5.0.8 and still the same Sad
what kind of wireless router is it?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iTunes 12 on Yosmite won't connect to Kodi Airplay0