• 1(current)
Kodi 15 and "Sync playback to display" setup
Hello.
I do not know where it's better to post . Actually the problem is described here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=222318 . This is a problem not only for RPi, this bug occurs also with graphics AMD + Windows 7 + Kodi 15, since was removed the choice from there. Thank you.
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/6039
Is it possible to return it back to the future releases? Sad
No.

I think you don't understand what this setting did? How do you think "Sync to Display" should work, when the clock is not the display but audio?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Turn off Sync Playback to Display and fine.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
There is software Recklock, which may do the same - acceleration 23,976 video up to 25 fps. I don't know what this option intended do in Kodi, but it works fine in Kodi 14. In order for this to work correct, the sound must be speed up also. In 15 soundtrack just do dupes and drops and it can't be changed.
If no, so no. I will use 14 till the end of life Cool
Quote:In order for this to work correct, the sound must be speed up also.

Exactly! Sync Playback to Display is still there, but it's "Video Clock" by default and makes only sense when "Resample Audio" is chosen as method. This was not removed nor changed.

Edit. Passthrough Audio cannot be resampled, cause it is *you guess it* passed through packetsize wise.

Removed was the Sync Playback to Display with "Audio Clock". As the display cannot sync to the audio clock in a sane way if they are different.

I think I see what you mean - the "Drop / Dupe" vs "Resample Audio" is missing for you right?
Can you post a Debug Log please? I talked with my dev colleague and he told:

If non passthrough: Resample is chosen
If passthrough: Drop / Dupe is chosen.

If you want "Audio clock" behaviour, disable Sync Playback to Display. I want to verify that in your Debug Log.
Yes, that's right. By defolt i get drop/dupe, it's the problem.
Passthrough off. I need resample audio, but get breaking of sound. All of it works fine with 14, but fails in 15, on the same devices and setups.
If this is the case, there is a bug somewhere. As fritsch said it should always resample if audio is not passthrough.
Logs:
Kodi 14.2 http://pastebin.com/jaKX7TKQ
Kodi 15 http://pastebin.com/r7Wnuv1V
(2015-03-25, 12:56)fritsch Wrote: If non passthrough: Resample is chosen
If passthrough: Drop / Dupe is chosen.

If you want "Audio clock" behaviour, disable Sync Playback to Display./url].

When passtrough is on or disable Sync Playback to Display , Kodi does sync to audiocklock. It does non accelerate video. 24fps on 50Hz looks no good. This makes no sense.
then you do not understand. passthrough audio runs at wall clock speed, allways. you can't have it run faster or slower.
I mean the same. Passthrough is always off, forget about passthrough.
My setup:
Passthrough is off
Kodi ajust sync playback to display
TV 50 Hz
Movie 23.976
I need resample audio. Kodi 14 gives it to me. Kodi 15 doesn't give it to me Smile
Then this is clearly a bug. the video clock should run at 50 ticks (vsync), input source should be "doubled" and audio should be speed up (resampled).
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 15 and "Sync playback to display" setup0