• 1(current)
Release TV Ontario (TVO) Video Addon
New addon for TV Ontario. TVO is Ontario's public educational media organization and a trusted source of interactive educational content that informs, inspires, and stimulates curiosity.

Available in the kodi.org repo or http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/gotham/plugin.video.tvo/

Subtitle support is in the addon settings.
Great addon!
Can't wait for TVOkids content.
Thanks so much.
Thumbs Up 
Thank you for all Canadian content addon you made. Major rep for enabling subtitle stream. Thank you.
I give my vote for TVO Kids Big Grin
TVO has made a fairly substantial change to their website. It will take a bit to re-code for the new one.
Thanks for the heads up. So there is no way to scrape the shows automatically?
V1.0.4 in my git:
https://github.com/learningit/plugin.video.tvo
Has fix for new website changes - improved images and caching of metadata.
There is an addon setting to 'Initialize Metadata Next Start' - setting that will cause the metadata to be deleted and will refill the cache.
This is still pretty rough, there are a few shows which say "No Playable Videos" where I think there probably are.

If you have installed my test repo:
https://github.com/learningit/repository...odi_addons

You should get an auto-update or update available message. You may need to do a "Check for updates" to see the new version.

Please let me know if this works so that I can get the kodi.org repo updated.
(2015-07-31, 18:00)gambitz Wrote: Thanks for the heads up. So there is no way to scrape the shows automatically?

No, wish there was, this cuts seriously into beer time.
(2015-07-31, 22:30)learningit Wrote:
(2015-07-31, 18:00)gambitz Wrote: Thanks for the heads up. So there is no way to scrape the shows automatically?

No, wish there was, this cuts seriously into beer time.

+1 there's time to get them cold.
(2015-07-31, 23:23)PatK Wrote: +1 there's time to get them cold.
Who drinks cold beer? Please don't tell me you sit down when you drink as well.

V1.0.5 in my git/repo fixes a unicode problem that prevented the viewing of "F"
(2015-08-01, 00:37)learningit Wrote:
(2015-07-31, 23:23)PatK Wrote: +1 there's time to get them cold.
Who drinks cold beer? Please don't tell me you sit down when you drink as well.

V1.0.5 in my git/repo fixes a unicode problem that prevented the viewing of "F"
Finally got your repro and the update came along, love the effort. The Agenda one of my favourites, but there's nothing in the folder; scraping issue?, they are running the summer version with Piya Chattopadhyay seems to be available on the browser. I a bench quaff while standing, and yup likem cool, beer-in-a-bag.
(2015-08-01, 16:08)PatK Wrote: ]Finally got your repro and the update came along, love the effort. The Agenda one of my favourites, but there's nothing in the folder; scraping issue?, they are running the summer version with Piya Chattopadhyay seems to be available on the browser. I a bench quaff while standing, and yup likem cool, beer-in-a-bag.

V1.0.6 in my git/repo fixes the scraping issue for "the Agenda" - ugly fix and not sure that it will fix others. Also some more cleanup of unicode issues.
fixed and fast, crossing my fingers for the rest.
TVO addon just updated today and what a bummer, there are only a-z categories and each one spends forever initializing and alot are empty after waiting for them to initialize, used to love this addon but now almost unuseable. Sad
Still works fine for me... you in Canada?
(2015-08-08, 19:38)imon2nite Wrote: TVO addon just updated today and what a bummer, there are only a-z categories and each one spends forever initializing and alot are empty after waiting for them to initialize, used to love this addon but now almost unuseable. Sad

There has been a website change after I rewrote the addon. I'm looking at the issue right now, but it may be a day or two because it looks like TVO is updating different pieces of the website this weekend.

(2015-08-09, 03:16)PatK Wrote: Still works fine for me... you in Canada?

You're lucky because you've already cached some of the directories.

The issue with the website affects directory entries which do not have episodes and go directly to play a video. It looks to me like they are being slowly updated over this weekend, at least that's what I think because as I'm debugging, I'm watching the web pages change one request to the next. That's why so many entries are empty.

Be patient I'll get it working once the website settles down and I'm clear what the correct page format is.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Ontario (TVO) Video Addon0