• 3(current)
Release TV Ontario (TVO) Video Addon
learningit! You Rock!!
Thanks for taking the time to look into this and for fixing the add-on.
It is hugely appreciated!
Hey! Thanks for all your hard work. I just installed this add-on and I'm having a problem watching The Agenda with Steve Paikin, but other shows I've tried seem to work fine. Trying to select The Agenda is giving me a NoneType error. It looks like The Agenda has been a problem in the past too, huh?
Noticed yesterday that the TVO add-on has stopped working. Is anyone else having a problem with it not working?
I confirm that the TV Ontario addon is no longer working.

I can view the alphabet list of letters, but I am unable to view the listing of TV shows that normally are shown under each letter.
I've been able to get this addon partially working with the following changes shown at the link below:

Patch file for plugin.video.tvo/resources/lib/scraper.py - Newer patch available in later post.

These changes allow for listing TV shows under the A-Z# letter headings, but only permit playing shows that have episodes listed under the show (e.g., A -> Amazing World of Gravity, The).  Single shows still do not work (e.g., A -> A Better Man will produce an error).
Today I was able get this addon fully mostly working with the following changes to v3.0.8 shown at the link below:

Patch file for plugin.video.tvo/resources/lib/scraper.py - Newer patch available in later post.

The addon maintainer is welcome to include these changes as if they were his/her own.  I do not seek credit for these changes.
After noticing that TVO video series were still missing the description and thumbnail I now have this almost fully working (still no thumbnails for video series) with the following changes to v3.0.8 shown at the link below:

Patch file for plugin.video.tvo/resources/lib/scraper.py

EDIT:  See also post #48 for a complete scraper.py replacement file.

Thanks to @learningit for the TVO add-on.  He/she is welcome to include these changes as if they were his/her own.  I do not seek credit for these changes.
(2019-05-02, 18:20)kodaksmith Wrote: After noticing that TVO video series were still missing the description and thumbnail I now have this almost fully working (still no thumbnails for video series) with the following changes to v3.0.8 shown at the link below:

Thanks to @learningit for the TVO add-on.  He/she welcome to include these changes as if they were his/her own.  I do not seek credit for these changes.
Hey kodaksmith!
Finally got around to trying your fix and it looks like everything is working again. I'm seeing a few odd episode lists but the TVO Addon is working.
Thanks for taking the time to look into this and for the code to fix it. Awesome!
Thanks @sainte for confirming the patch file works for you.  I think I have made all the fixes that I can think of for the add-on.  If you have more specifics about the "few odd episode lists" then feel free to mention what they are.  As it stands, the TVO add-on with the patch file lists and plays all of the videos that I tested.
Hi Guys

First post here, been playing with Kodi for a year and am looking to begin creating addons.  Have a fair amount of reading ahead of me.  In the meantime, I'd like to get TVO going but am not sure what to do with the patch file, can I get some help with it.  Just need to know where it goes.  Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
Thumbs Up 
(2019-05-03, 00:50)kodaksmith Wrote: Thanks @sainte for confirming the patch file works for you.  I think I have made all the fixes that I can think of for the add-on.  If you have more specifics about the "few odd episode lists" then feel free to mention what they are.  As it stands, the TVO add-on with the patch file lists and plays all of the videos that I tested.

My mistake. There's no problem with the episode lists. I took a look at the "few odd episode lists" on TVO's website and what they have listed matches up perfectly with what is displayed in the add-on. TVO has titled them in a way that looks odd. "City Wildlife Rescue" and "Arctic Secrets" were two that I thought looked odd.
Aside from that, all the videos I have tried are playing as expected.

Thank you.
> I'd like to get TVO going but am not sure what to do with the patch file, can I get some help with it.

An internet search for "how to apply a patch file" along with the name of your operating system should lead to many examples.

For example, here is a link to How to Apply a Patch for Moodle Software.

The basic steps on GNU/Linux are:

1. Download the patch and save it as patch.diff
    To Download I highlighted all the lines in the HasteBin web page excluding the line numbers,
    copied and pasted into a text editor and saved the file.

2. Change to the directory containing the add-on (e.g., .kodi/addons/)
3. Apply the patch with: patch -p1 < patch.diff

Note that these steps assume you have the TVO v3.0.8 addon already installed.
(2019-04-26, 22:10)kodaksmith Wrote: I've been able to get this addon partially working with the following changes shown at the link below:

These changes allow for listing TV shows under the A-Z# letter headings, but only permit playing shows that have episodes listed under the show (e.g., A -> Amazing World of Gravity, The).  Single shows still do not work (e.g., A -> A Better Man will produce an error).

I am using libreelec 9.0.2 and am not sure how to go about applying your patch file. I have installed the most current TV Ontario addon but under my addon_data folder I can't see the plugin.video.tvo file.
(2019-05-15, 15:48)a2343 Wrote: I am using libreelec 9.0.2 and am not sure how to go about applying your patch file. I have installed the most current TV Ontario addon but under my addon_data folder I can't see the plugin.video.tvo file. 

On my Raspberry Pi with LibreELEC the home directory is /storage/ and the directory containing the plugin is:
/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.tvo/

Note that the most recent patch file is in post #37 in this thread.  I will edit the prior posts to make this more obvious.
(2019-05-15, 17:22)kodaksmith Wrote:
(2019-05-15, 15:48)a2343 Wrote: I am using libreelec 9.0.2 and am not sure how to go about applying your patch file. I have installed the most current TV Ontario addon but under my addon_data folder I can't see the plugin.video.tvo file. 

On my Raspberry Pi with LibreELEC the home directory is /storage/ and the directory containing the plugin is:
/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.tvo/

Note that the most recent patch file is in post #37 in this thread.  I will edit the prior posts to make this more obvious. 
I was able to find my plugin.video.tvo/resources/lib on my Intel htpc but I am not able to see the same file on my network using Ubuntu. I assume that I would be doing the patching from my Ubuntu system.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Ontario (TVO) Video Addon0