• 6(current)
Release TV Ontario (TVO) Video Addon
(2020-03-26, 16:39)learningit Wrote: [EDIT] I didn't see the patch given by a user above previously.

No worries @learningit.  I've enjoyed using many of the add-ons you created.  Thank you.

It's good to see you back.  :-)
(2020-03-26, 16:39)learningit Wrote: A pull request has been issued for Version 3.0.9. The add-on should update with a few days.

[EDIT] I didn't see the patch given by a user above previously. Thank you for helping support TVO users. V3.0.9 differs in coding from the given patch, but I believe has the same functionality.

Sorry for being late, but thank you. Smile
Just seeing if this addon is working for anyone.  I installed it from the Kodi Repo (from t1m) and it installs ok and finds the menus and lists of programs but they won't play. (Kodi Playback Failed error)  I'm not sure if it needs another scraper patch or if that can be incorporated and the addon updated. 

Aside from the patches it doesn't look like the addon has been worked on for a long while.  Lots of good content along the lines of PBS
(2021-10-09, 12:17)barney63 Wrote: Just seeing if this addon is working for anyone.  I installed it from the Kodi Repo (from t1m) and it installs ok and finds the menus and lists of programs but they won't play. (Kodi Playback Failed error)  I'm not sure if it needs another scraper patch or if that can be incorporated and the addon updated. 

Aside from the patches it doesn't look like the addon has been worked on for a long while.  Lots of good content along the lines of PBS

Perhaps the person who took over the CBC app @micahg might (eventually) have the time to look at this
Its to bad most of the Canadian addons are not worked on anymore, I wish I knew how to code so I could help out. Hope a new Canadian coder steps up, Thanks so much to previous Devs and helpers.
This addon seems similar to the CBC Sports addon, where the guts of it still seem to be working and it may not have far to go to get the addon totally working.

I wish I knew more as well, so instead of asking we could be contributing something.  I think one of the best things someone could do for the community would be to start a thread teaching addon development step by step from scratch which would help people to help themselves instead of depending on others to do the work.  It would be a huge undertaking but would pay big dividends in getting more people involved with Kodi.
The prior instructions in this post no longer work.  This post has been superceded by newer post 87.

How to Patch Add-on for KODI 19.x MATRIX ONLY:

The following steps assume that you have the TV Ontario video add-on version 4.0.0 for Kodi 19.x Matrix already installed on your Kodi computer.
Working for me on Matrix/Windows, many thanks!
@learningit

Hey learningit, just checking if you are still maintaining the addon, I'd like to see if you can get The Agenda (with Steve Paikin) included along with the docs, and also have the latest scraper included in the Kodi Repo version.  Please get back if you are still keeping up with the addon, thanks.
Hello
I get this error : HTMLParser object has no attribute 'unescape'
Https://paste.kodi.tv/uginocilos
A Internet search indicates that:

"The unescape() method in the html.parser.HTMLParser class has been removed (it was deprecated since Python 3.4). html.unescape() should be used for converting character references to the corresponding unicode characters."  See last item in the Removed section.

Feel free to try to get the add-on working again as I'm currently busy.

EDIT:  The tvo.org website appears to have changed so the fix will likely involve more than updating the unescape() method.
How to Patch Add-on for KODI 18.x LEIA and Kodi 19.x MATRIX:

The following steps assume that you have already installed TV Ontario video add-on, either:

• Version 4.0.0 for Kodi 19.x Matrix, or
  • Version 3.0.9 for Kodi 18.x Leia

1. Create replacement file for the following:

For example: open file link above, open a text editor, copy the file link contents, paste into text editor, save the file with above listed filename, and exit the text editor.

2. Determine the location of the Kodi addons folder where plugin.video.tvo is installed on your Kodi computer.

For example:

• /storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.tvo/ for LibreELEC on Raspberry Pi.
    • /home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.tvo/ for OSMC on Raspberry Pi.
    • ~/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.tvo/ for Kodi on Ubuntu where ~ is your home directory.

Note that the location of the addons folder should be similar to the userdata folder.

3. Copy the new files over top of the existing kodi files.

For example on a Raspberry Pi with OSMC installed running Kodi 19.1 I used the following commands:

scp -p scraper.py [email protected]:/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.tvo/resources/lib/

Note that you would need to substitute the IP address for your Raspberry Pi (see System -> System Info).
@kodaksmith

Fantastic!  Great to see this working again, thank you!  Nice to see the category titles in there as well.

Now for the it would be nice to have:
Under TVO Originals, The Agenda with Steve Paikin is giving the Check the Log error
Is there a way to add a search?
Can the scraper.py file be added to the addon and uploaded to the Kodi Repo

Otherwise, extremely happy to see this good addon back in circulation.  Thanks kodaksmith!  Makes my day to see a post like yours.
@kodaksmith 

Thank you very much.
Thank you for sharing your appreciation.  It took considerable effort to get this add-on working again with Kodi 18.x (which is what I use on Raspberry Pis as it performs better for me).

For those wishing to take this add-on further, web browser developer tools (ctrl+shft+i) can help view the different structures used in The Agenda with Steve Paikin and in Search.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Ontario (TVO) Video Addon0