OS X Kodi Library Browsing slow
Hi,

I am running Kodi (Version 14.0. (Git-20141223-ad747d9)) on a a core i5 mac mini with 8gig ram and AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256 MB on Mountain Lion. I have started to notice that the browsing of the library is getting very slow - every time i will scroll down to the next movie it will take 2-5 seconds for the picture of the next movie to show up... I have no problem with playback - that works without any delay or stuttering. I do have quite a lot of movies (2.7k +) and series (over 120 titles many with multiple seasons) but this is a recent development - I never had this issue when running earlier versions of XBMC...

All the movies and series are on a Synology NAS with that is connected to the mac mini via gigabit wired network.

if anyone has any suggestions all will be welcome...

Thanks in advance
Can you post a debug log (wiki) where you just go into a list and scroll down 5 - 10 items or so?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Can I suggest:

Kodi > Settings > Video > File Lists > Extract thumbnails and video information > disable

also this:

Settings > Appearance > File Lists > Show hidden files and directories > disable

P1 - http://pastebin.com/vuKm6jpR
P2 - http://pastebin.com/zsdq2Z7A
P3 - http://pastebin.com/hdRJqq4n

Please advise,

Thank you in advance!
there is a lot of upnp stuff going on - could you elaborate a bit more on your setup?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
I have a gigabit network (wired) and a SynologyDS2413 NAS connected to the network and that's where all the content (movies, music, series) is stored. The Mac Mini via SMB looks on the Synology - that's really all there is - it is a pretty vanilla setup... i am not sure what UPNP you are referring to... Do you need any information on the routers/switches such as model numbers?
Well something is continuously accessing kodi via upnp which totaly drags down cpu because building all the upnp objects needs processing power. Either that or kodi itself connects to an upnp server. Are there any TVs or something else which access the kodi upnp server?

It seems to be that something in you network accesses the music database of kodi via upnp to be clear (at least if i interpret this right)

You could turn off the upnp server in settings->services to be sure
I have turned it off. it seems to have improved - I will give it a couple of days to see if it works better... thank yoU!
I'd rather try to figure out which network device tries to access the kodi server that much then...
What can I do to figure that out? I turned off the UPNP in Kodi...
@ ilyavg, by chance do you have a Chromecast on your home WiFi network ?

no I do not have chromecast I have apple TV
So, i have been giving it a go, but still the issue persists - still there is a lag for clipart and other information showing up during browsing - please advise on any other steps that i can take...

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Library Browsing slow0